SaabCentral Forums banner

TE05 Mitsubishi Turbo rebuild

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Si 
#1 ·
I get blue smoke form exhaust when down shifting from 3rd to 2nd, the turbo is burning oil ...

What is the best option on rebuilding TE05 Mitsubishi Turbine?

So far I've only come across this site with rebuild kits: http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/item246.htm

My mechanic also told me I can change the Misubishi unit with a used Garrett one, but he prefers rebuilding, because at used unit, you never know what you get ...

#2 ·
There are other places in the US that may help you G-Pop Shop, ATP Turbo are a few. Mr. Trout was able to source one from France, and there are a few places in Sweden that can help.

My lesson is that the center portion (bearing housing) and cold side can be rebuilt, but the hot side is usually toast after 15 years of service or so (depending on driving conditions, heat cycles etc.)

pierre

#4 ·
The garret WG hole is prone to developing cracks, i've got 3 garretts and they all have badly cracked turbine housings, you maybe better off with the mitsu unit as they have a slightly different design.

There are a few companies on ebay uk that do rebuild kits, i've got a few rescently to upgrade a big turbo i've got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.