SaabCentral Forums banner

Any differnt between 2001-2001 93se?

936 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CleveSaab 
#1 ·
hey all I am looking to add another/upgrade to yet another Saab. I have been looking at 2001 and 2002 models. From owners here are there any noticable differences? I do like the se model sideskirt but I think that can be had on both years. Are the engines exact? Also what about options.
thanks

#2 ·
In 2002 they really changed the model designations and options, but the basic car was the same. 2001 was pretty straightforward; there was a base model and an SE, and the SE came with all the good stuff as standard equipment (leather, ACC, body kit, etc.). In 2002 they dropped the base model, called all of them SEs, and dumped most of the SE's upgrades into option packages. If you find a base 2002 SE, it has some pretty interesting leather and textile seats, that you won't find on any other year.

#3 ·
so the 2002 se will not have the same options as a 2001 se which is loaded. I have a 97 se and a 03 vert se so i know about the leather, acc etc.

it seems a 2001 would be more straighforward buying process since they would all come semiliarly optioned. so I can compare apples to apples when looking at 2 or more of the same car. btw I do like the look of those textile seats. My 03 vert has the sport pack which is essentially the viggen look(seats, body kit etc) minus the engine of course. I really do like the viggen seats.

#4 ·
An 01 SE and an 02 SE WILL have the same options.

In 02 they dropped the S designation, and sold them as plain old ordinary 9-3's.
So there is the 'plain' 9-3 (which is just an S), the SE, and the SE which got the anniversary trimmings.

NEW FOR 2002:
  • `SE' 5-door renamed to `SE Turbo Anniversary' and will receive the following changes to celebrate the 25th anniversary of turbo charging:
    - Carbon fiber dashboard treatment (wood dash available)
    - Special 16" five-spoke wheel (optional 7" x 17" six-spoke alloy wheels available)
    - Leather/textile seat with "Turbo" embossed into the seat back
    - Leather door pad inserts
    - Power driver's seat
    - Heated rear seat has been discontinued
  • Three-door hatchback discontinued
  • SE convertible will receive Anniversary leather interior with "Turbo" embossed in the seat backs, Anniversary Edition five-spoke wheel, and carbon fiber dashboard treatment
  • Standard internal manual trunk entrapment release handle
  • Standard 16" five-spoke alloy wheels (base convertible)
  • Rear centre headrest is discontinued on the base and SE five-door (available as accessory)
  • Traction control, metallic paint and fog lights will no longer be available on the base five-door
  • New exterior colour on Viggen models (Silver)
  • Two new exterior colours on base and SE models (Hazelnut and Polar White)Saab 9-3
    Saab 9-3
    Saab 9-3 SE Turbo Anniversary
    Saab 9-3 SE
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.