SaabCentral Forums banner

Sunroof wind deflector...

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  millionbhp 
#1 ·
Hello again. Does anyone know where i can get hold of a sunroof wind deflector... I think the 900's look real good with them and i don't have one :cry: Very upsetting... Any help much appriciated.

Chris.

#4 ·
I got rid of mine cos i think they look better without, looks OK from the front but not from the sides, i can't make my mind up about the window wind deflectors, i think they look a little better than the sunroof one.

You'll also get stains on your paintwork from the rubber, i've still got a shadow around the sunroof after about a year and a half of not having it on the car.

#5 ·
Yep, I got rid of mine also, can't understand why people want them. They look absolutely terrible, and not particularly necessary. The sunroof on the c900 is one of the best I've seen, with no wind deflector, its possible to drive at 40-50 mph with the sunroof open. It also makes a cool noise when you open/close it at speed :)

#6 ·
i bought one from ebay well over a year ago.. arrived scratched and sans the mounting brackets :-( the brackets themselves are just stretched "Z" shaped pieces of thin steel, hardly rocket science to reproduce, though apparently getting the holes in your roof drilled in the right spot is très important.

now that a friend has managed the get scratches out for me we'll hopefully get around to making the brackets and mounting the thing before summer comes along... i'll post a writeup and some pics.

personally i think they look okay and give the car a bit of aggression, provided of course the car's lower on 16s and has tinted windows etc. to match the deflector. i'm fitting one though because i use the roof all the time and at 110kmh it does get noisy.

#7 ·
hi chris

marmite said:
Hello again. Does anyone know where i can get hold of a sunroof wind deflector... I think the 900's look real good with them and i don't have one :cry: Very upsetting... Any help much appriciated.

Chris.
hi chris i have one , with the rubber , for £25 inc postage not bad when they are £67 +vat from saab give me a ring on 07851371384 thanks ashley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.