SaabCentral Forums banner

Engine stand?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  crwchf01 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've got one of those bigger ones - I've not tried a c900 engine & box on it, but the biggest issue would seem to be one of how to attach it - it's designed very much for the more "usual" bellhousing-type mounting, with four arms that can move around to pick up on the mountings.

I think you'd probably need to weld up some kind of cradle.

TBH, I'd just get the bigger one. It's not that huge a price difference - £20 - in the grand scheme of things.

#3 ·
I've got one of those bigger ones - I've not tried a c900 engine & box on it, but the biggest issue would seem to be one of how to attach it - it's designed very much for the more "usual" bellhousing-type mounting, with four arms that can move around to pick up on the mountings.

I think you'd probably need to weld up some kind of cradle.

TBH, I'd just get the bigger one. It's not that huge a price difference - £20 - in the grand scheme of things.
Yes, that was what I was thinking... I'm sure ejenner has a picture somewhere of a B202 engine on a standard engine stand - I'll need to have a trawl through to see if I can find it again and check how he'd attached it.

Cheers.

#6 ·
I have seen an adapter plate locally made that joins up to the engine and then the four arms of the stand are bolted to it. I am currently looking to have someone CAD my 8V engine mount to get the mounting face dimensoins and angles, and maybe come up with a simplified "can make it in the garage type" plan to use the normal suspension points on the engine on a current stand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.