SaabCentral Forums banner

Child seat and rear airbag

946 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SMHarman 
#1 ·
Does anyone has experience of installing TWO child seats in Saab 93 SS?

I'm planing to put car seats on each side of the back seats. However I have noticed that there are airbags at the end of the rear window. Does anyone know if they will be a safety hazard for young children?

#2 ·
If the side of the car gets hit hard enough to deploy the airbags, you have other things to worry about. Those bags are basically curtains that do not extend below window level and they aren't real thick. I don't believe they would be an issue. Certainly not a significant issue in lieu of the previously mentioned side impact.

#3 · (Edited)
wshtb said:
Does anyone has experience of installing TWO child seats in Saab 93 SS?

I'm planing to put car seats on each side of the back seats. However I have noticed that there are airbags at the end of the rear window. Does anyone know if they will be a safety hazard for young children?
No they are not, the deployment is curtain like as a sheet to cover the side of the car protecting the occupant from glass and the impact (in addition to the side impact bars in the doors). My son has always travelled in the left or right seat, not the middle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.