SaabCentral Forums banner

7,500 mile saab service/10,000-15,000 miles yet?

4K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Pilotin66 
#1 ·
Do any of you 92x aero owners have stories about the 7,500 mile service/oil check up. Particularly what did they actually cover or do at the dealership. Also, What shakes rattles problems are you early aero buyers experiencing if any. You early buyers must be getting up to 7,500 to 15,000 miles on your 92x Aero's. I haven't seen any posts talking about the mileage you currently have or the service visits and /or how these check ups went.

#2 ·
I only have 1,500 miles on my Aero as of now so no check-up's yet. However, I am having a problem with a rattle in my right door. The door panel vibrates with good bass, thankfully it can only be heard when the bass is really high and the volume is very low. So I don't know what is going to happen but hopefully I don't have some of the rattles that others have. For the service some guys have addressed it in the 9-2X owners section.

#4 ·
STI4theSlowGuy said:
5300 miles.

no problems.

no knocking (except for me on wood (wow that was a dad joke)).

ps. this guy --->:lol:<----- must have a happy wife! Look at that lip trick!

Did you install block heater for N.H. winter I got info on one fromsaab $22.00. I'm thinking of putting one in for next winter.Just wondered if anyone else out there considered it or did it in northeast,midwest or Canada. I've got no complaints about my car at 1500 miles. It's fun to drive to and from work everyday-it seems to be worth the 22.9k. I had a 900 turbo in the 1990's that was also fun I'm hoping this one is as dependable as that saab was.Thanks for replying to my post.

#6 ·
January and February hit like 20 to 30 below at times. My '96 jeep was solid right up to the end when I sold it last month, it had 166k miles. That block heater was worth its weight in gold for those two months every year. It extended the life of the engine,starter, and the battery. I'm not in a rush but I'm definately going to add it before January. I need to find out if my car is going to have an unsightly umbilical chord sticking off of the front bumper -I've got to look into this and find out first. Thanks for the response slow guy.

#9 ·
I got 13,000 on mine, I'm waitin til 15 to take it in again due to the fact i'm at college and my dealership is 4 hours away. My 7,500 service was great, i dropped it off, got the oil changed and they did some other stuff i dont' exactly remember and gave the car back. No hassle, no money it was great. Oh, and about how much I love the car, everytime i see it I'm just like holy crap I can't even believe i drive this thing. Everyone is always so impressed, it's great. About rattles, haha i have 1500W of aftermarket stereo I installed and although I'm not away of any rattles, there very well may be and i'm just not hearing them. I love this car.

On a side note, does anyone elses windshield fluid just dissappear? I gotta get that looked at, I think it leaks out.

#10 ·
jhub908: college rides are getting a whole lot nicer than that death trap pinto that I drove in the 1980's. Enjoy your 92x I,m sure it will get you thru college and then some, even if you don't hear anything other than tunes when your driving. I haven't had to use windshield fluid, going to check it tomorrow. Does anyone hear the engine on 92x when its cold? Sounds like one of my olds pick up trucks until it warms the oil.

#11 ·
Almost to the 15k mark. I do have a couple of things that I'm going to get fixed. My cruise control lever is rattling and I have a strange noise coming from the radio even when it's not on. Not sure what's up with that.
Other than that, my Aero's running like a top and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

#12 ·
Teichs said:
Almost to the 15k mark. I do have a couple of things that I'm going to get fixed. My cruise control lever is rattling and I have a strange noise coming from the radio even when it's not on. Not sure what's up with that.
Other than that, my Aero's running like a top and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
My cruise switch rattles as well (more like a buzz) we also had a guy bring his car to my dealer with the same thing...

Cheers,

#13 ·
Teichs said:

I also get this ghost crackle in my stereo every now and then, At first I thought it was the home made tunes but I've never been really sure.Anyone else have a stereo thats possessed? Twilight zone...it just does it to freak me out it knows I'm too comfortable with this car.

#15 ·
Trinifry said:
I had the same problem with a rattling cruise control button. The dealer replaced the whole lever under warranty no problem.
So did the noise go away??

The replacement cruise switch looks to be just like the old one, and I am wondering if its going to make the same noise. I dont want to get mine replaced if its going to make the same noise when its "fixed".

Cheers,

#16 ·
scottgf said:
So did the noise go away??

The replacement cruise switch looks to be just like the old one, and I am wondering if its going to make the same noise. I dont want to get mine replaced if its going to make the same noise when its "fixed".

Cheers,
Basically, the rattling noise was coming from the button at the end of the lever. The dealer replaced the entire lever with a new one which looks exactly the same as the old one. After the replacement i have never heard the noise again. However, i am noticing other rattling noises coming from the retractable cargo cover and glove box. :(

#17 ·
I figured that I would join in the rattle discussion too:

I agree that my retractable cargo cover flaps around a bit too, when retracted.

I hear a rattle from what seems to be under the dash in front of the steering wheel (hard to pinpoint due to the location). Sometimes it's very annoying, other times it's non-existant. I'll take it into the dealer once I pin it down.

#18 ·
gregoz said:
I figured that I would join in the rattle discussion too:

I agree that my retractable cargo cover flaps around a bit too, when retracted.

I hear a rattle from what seems to be under the dash in front of the steering wheel (hard to pinpoint due to the location). Sometimes it's very annoying, other times it's non-existant. I'll take it into the dealer once I pin it down.
I've noticed that when the temperature in the car is warm there is less rattle. During winter the car is like an orcherstra.

#19 ·
Darn rattles!

Nutts, I'm picking up my new Aero on Sat morn. Trading in my never rattles 02 Audi TT 225hp ALMs coupe. Downsizing in lots of things now that I'm 54, sold the big house, now selling the too expensive but my favorite car ever. The 92-X will be more versatile for space. Could not get my bass guitar and amp in the TT. It will fit in the 9-2X. Hope I can live with the rattles you guys have, but for almost half the price after rebates than my TT I guess I can't expect it to be the same quality. Perfomance, seating, driving experience should be close though.
vitch

#20 ·
vitch said:
Nutts, I'm picking up my new Aero on Sat morn. Trading in my never rattles 02 Audi TT 225hp ALMs coupe. Downsizing in lots of things now that I'm 54, sold the big house, now selling the too expensive but my favorite car ever. The 92-X will be more versatile for space. Could not get my bass guitar and amp in the TT. It will fit in the 9-2X. Hope I can live with the rattles you guys have, but for almost half the price after rebates than my TT I guess I can't expect it to be the same quality. Perfomance, seating, driving experience should be close though.
vitch
I'm sure you will very satisfied with the performance of the 9-2x. Also, don't think of it as downsizing your house. Just reallocating it into your trunk :p

Enjoy!

#21 ·
Darn, have the rattles too

Just drove my new 9-2X home from Tacoma to Lewiston, ID. today, and within 50 yards (did not test drive) of the dealer, the sqeek others mentioned from the cruise control stalk end piece was prominent. Went back to the dealer, and the salesperson, said she noticed it too, and talked to Service Dept, and the service manager said "that is normal for that car". YIKES! For 340 miles home, it made that noise when on rougher highway. On nice blacktop surfaces, there was no sound from it at all. Also my first 2 CD's played without any rumble in the left door panel from bass. When the 3rd CD began to play Mark Knoffler (Dire Straits) has a real clean audio recording CD, and the bass made the panel rattle. That is weird that two or more of these cars have identical rattles. Besides that the ride was great, I was comfy, enjoyed the long ride home. For a car that MSRP's for $30,150 and my trade in TT was $42,???, it was a very close vehicle in my opinion, with lots more room, and flexibility.
The door edge guards look great on the Desert Silver as does the hood guard. (in mine and my son's (WRX owner) opinions anyway)
vitch

#22 ·
Darn, have the 2 rattles.

Picked up my new Aero Desert Silver, and during the drive home, had the pleasure of a fairly loud rattle from the cruise control end piece as others have stated. Called my salesperson, and she said she noticed it to, and asked the service dept. They said "that's just normal for that car". Yikes!
Also, by the 3rd CD into the drive, a bit more bassy style of music, I was welcomed with the rattle coming from the passenger door area, as another owner has mentioned.
Besides those things, I loved the ride home to Lewiston, 335miles, got 26+ to the gal. and for a 31,000 msrp, that we got down to $500 over invoice, then subtracted $8000 in factory incentives, I must say I have one heck of a new $20,000 car. When someone solves the rattles, please let me know.
vitch

#24 ·
vitch said:
Oops, I must be brain dead, posted same message two different times.
forgive,
vitch
Vitch, Computers suck, but this site is informative and at times entertaining, so we deal with the aggravation of using them. Do you have info on the door edge guards and more importantly the hood guard. Item #'s,were they saab installs,can someone do them themselves, Etc.. are there kits that can be ordered? Thanks and enjoy your car.

#25 ·
Side Moldings and Hood Protector

The part number for the side moldings is #32014904 $120 says dealer installation recommended. The Hood Protector is #0293944 $79, says dealer install recommended too. I had them throw them in, installed at their costs to close the deal. The Saab 92-X Accessories catalog has them show on what looks like my car color.
vitch

#26 ·
vitch said:
vitch
I sold my 01 TT 225Q 6sp coupe to get the 92x. Other than the obvious utilitarian advantages the 92x has it also has better road feel in my opinion. Audi's have so many electronic aids that they diminish much of what I enjoy about driving in the first place, I think you'll enjoy driving your 92x: Particularly if you like to personalize your cars with tires etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.