SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P1312 and P1334 Error Codes

116K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Mimmi 
#1 · (Edited)
So I got a CEL and pulled the codes with my OBD2.

Got P1312 and P1334.

Car is 2003 Aero with 54,000 on it.

I assume DIC and ordered another for great price. Also time for new sparks and ordered them.

I'm assuming this will fix the problem. If it does, will it reset the error code when I replace the DIC or do I have to reset the error codes with my OBD2 and assume I fixed the problem if CEL does not come back?

Also, if the error codes come back, what could it be given new DIC and sparks ?

#3 ·
Hmmmm. I guess we shall see. I can always turn off the CEL with my OBD2 by clearing the codes, but I guess the error codes and CEL could return on re-starts.

Anybody else have this problem with new "cheap" DIC's?

I'm assuming Saabusaparts.com sells reputable DIC's. Site states "genuine" Saab parts.

#5 ·
From my experience the codes didn't reset automatically. You can reset the code by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery (or pulling the fuse for the engine management system) and let it sit for about 10 minutes, this resets the computer and will clear any error codes you have. If you drive over 50 miles without a CEL light coming on again you'll know you've fixed the problem.

#6 ·
The CEL will shut off after three starts. Literally, I sat in my driveway and started my car three times when I replaced my DI cassette and the light shut off.

Those codes are definitely DI cassette codes. Put a new DI in, swap the plugs while you're at it, and you won't have any troubles. A SaabUSAParts DI cassette will be Genuine OEM Saab and work fine. There are some cheap knock-offs *Made in China* floating around on eBay that have proven to be very troublesome.

#7 ·
The CEL will shut off after three starts. Literally, I sat in my driveway and started my car three times when I replaced my DI cassette and the light shut off.

Those codes are definitely DI cassette codes. Put a new DI in, swap the plugs while you're at it, and you won't have any troubles. A SaabUSAParts DI cassette will be Genuine OEM Saab and work fine. There are some cheap knock-offs *Made in China* floating around on eBay that have proven to be very troublesome.
Thanks all. I figured that was the problem. Also not bad price at sUSAp's on an OEM DIC - $204.00.

#9 ·
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum.
I have scanned my 2004 95 wagon and these three codes come up P0340, P1312 and P1334.
After reading a few of these posts. I am assuming it is the DIC.
Would you say this acts as a cam sensor since there is no cam in this car?

I took the car to Saab and told them the codes. They refused to tell me what they meant unless I paid them $130 to do a scan which I already did with my friends brand new OBD2.

I am a bit reluctant to take it back there for servicing.
Does anyone know a good Saab mechanic in the Toronto area?
I have a third party warranty and I am also wondering if they would cover this.

#10 ·
Welcome Kool95Goon, to the Saab Central Forum! This forum is great, and has a lot of wisdom to offer. With a combination of these codes I would first change the spark plugs - make sure you get the exact kind specified for your car, and make sure the gaps are set correctly. If this doesn't solve the problem, I would try to replace the DIC (it would work best if you could borrow a working one from someone to try just in case this isn't the problem.) A third thing I might also check before I get a new DIC is to check the turbo wastegate rod retaining clip. These tend to rust and fall off. This was the problem on my 2003 9-5, the symptoms were a lack of power and the CEL was on. It's easy to get at and is under the heat shield on the front of your engine. See below thread:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168980

Anyway, good luck, hopefully you got some pointers now.

#13 ·
reset engine management

Sounds like seeing if it resets after 3 tries is good advice-- however, what I did with this problem was pull fuse 17 while I was installing the new DIC (you got a bit better price than me, but I was still happy with USD258 delivered) and waited with fingers crossed to see it CEL returned. It hasn't so far, but earlier when I was hoping it was just plugs and did the same thing with the fuse, it came back within a day, so -- if there's a problem with your DIC and you clear the code, it'll be back.

#14 ·
Sounds like seeing if it resets after 3 tries is good advice-- however, what I did with this problem was pull fuse 17 while I was installing the new DIC (you got a bit better price than me, but I was still happy with USD258 delivered) and waited with fingers crossed to see it CEL returned. It hasn't so far, but earlier when I was hoping it was just plugs and did the same thing with the fuse, it came back within a day, so -- if there's a problem with your DIC and you clear the code, it'll be back.
No new CEL's for me. Replaced the sparks and DIC when I got the P1312 and P1334 fault codes in October and I have been good to go ever since.

#15 ·
This thread made me go on ebay to look again. I didn't see any chinese knock-offs, but there are a lot of used ones. I already have a spare - in fact I haven't taken it off to put the new one in yet. I have to check for codes again sometime soon. Last I checked it was clean....

#16 · (Edited)
error code 1470

my abs light went on so i took it to a local mechanic he said he was able to clear one code but the other was the 1740 code and he was unable to tell what it is because saab doesnt release the information. he said if he tried clearing it it would come right back. does anyone know what this code is for? is it a speed sensor or something...thanks...i meant 1740 in the title it was error code 1740 not 1470 sorry about that

#20 ·
i can't find it for that price the lowest i can find it is $265 i guess i am out of luck. i keep on getting p1334 and p1234 no matter how much i reset the dam thing it keeps on coming back i have ngk iridium spark plug. it used to do that before i got a used one and it was good for a while and now it started doing that again. Parts for this car is too expensive man

#26 ·
Looking to replace DIC to eliminate 1312/340 and 1334 DTC's

Is this new version (TK3.7 55559955) OK to use?
Is it rated better than the orig 2000 DIC?

My ride - 2000 9-5 AERO
TK3.7 is what matters the most as its the current model that superseded the older design. they also last longer than the previous models. regardless what it is make sure you get a SEM unit as many aftermarket ones do not last

#28 · (Edited)
2001 9-5 1312 and 1334 error codes.

2001 9-5: 1312 and 1334 error codes.

Got the codes. So I read all the threads about replacing the DCI, but before I ordered the part, I replaced all four plugs gapped to .040.

After three engine starts, the light went away.

So....before you plunk down the bucks for the expensive part, try spark plugs.

I found the DCI for sale at am-autoparts for $89. I haven't had to order it (yet?). Google "2001 Saab 9-5 Ignition Coil Pack L4 2.3L Turbo AM-11957972"

I only got 100,000 miles from the plugs before the light/codes came on! :cool:

Maybe the new ones will go another 100,000?

#29 ·
Please don't buy cheap **** DIC only OEM SEM has the right specs or you're will be disappointed very quickly.
most of peoples have been changed their plugs before buying a new DIC and it doesn't resolve the issue, lots of, too needed their cars towed from middle of nowhere, before claiming victory, drive for a while I'll bet you come back for the DIC again. I hope not but for sure that's the next issue. even the plugs needed to be from the right brand and right specs.
that's the vital part of that car and foolish with that means you to have several more pricey issues, like cat malfunction,even destroyed, etc

#30 ·
Please don't buy cheap **** DIC only OEM SEM has the right specs or you're will be disappointed very quickly.
To each his own. That's the joy of maintaining one's own vehicle. You get to do it your way!

My experience has been generally the opposite. I've had excellent luck with aftermarket suppliers. The OEM parts fail, but the aftermarket parts keep on ticking at a fraction of the OEM parts' cost.

When I had to have the alarm battery replaced, aftermarket was much cheaper and it came with "lifetime replacement". OEM had no warranty at all.

Suit yourself.

#31 ·
okay Mr scientist it's up to you but thousands of posts in every SAAB site reported how Chinese knock off are unreliable at all, any other part in that car could be replaced by AM parts except THAT part. ask to anyone here.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552562&highlight=direct+ignition
if you want to ship defective part even with warranty back and forth it still your concern.
you remember me when you still at 2 o clock in the middle of nowhere on the roadside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.