SaabCentral Forums banner

Spec Lightweight Flywheel? Experience?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  SaabMick 
#1 ·
#10 ·
wow! lots of noise ! i have the same setup and less less less noise...litle click click on idle, and ratling sound on the compression in 1 n 2 gear.
But thats it!!
nothing when im touching the shifter .

your sure its not diesel?! :p

#5 ·
Holy crap, that's a lot of noise... pretty much makes the car un-sellable if you ask me lol.. Do you have any firsthand experience? Is the throttle response and other pros of lightweight flywheels worth the noise?

Sidenote....I want that steering wheel shown in the video!

#6 ·
Holy crap, that's a lot of noise... pretty much makes the car un-sellable if you ask me lol.. Do you have any firsthand experience? Is the throttle response and other pros of lightweight flywheels worth the noise?

Sidenote....I want that steering wheel shown in the video!

... well in what I said before, I also own a spec lw flywheel and stage 2 clutch.

The pedal feels nice, It shifts good. The car feels like it pulls easier. Just the noise sucks :(

#11 ·
i would like to see videos from other members with the spec lightweight flywheel, because i find it hard to believe that his case is common. I would like to believe they wouldn't continue selling a part that makes that much chatter on the majority of cars it's installed on.

#12 ·
Mine doesn't sound like that, I have the light weight flywheel and spec stg 2 clutch for my 5spd. The most noticeable sound/rattle happens when I engine brake, for instance downshifting coming to a highway exit bend or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.