SaabCentral Forums banner

warm air problem - heating problem

997 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ajmackie 
#1 ·
hi

i have searched for an answer but can't find any.

i recently bought a 98 9-5. the aircon is not gassed so the compressor isn't running but it seems to be blowing out rather warm air all the time. occasionally it doesn't, but 90% of the time it does, day or night.

i've done the test / calibration and it comes up with 22 which is software.
also the outside temp display isn't working and just showing --- on SID.

does anyone know how to fix this problem? it is driving me mad!
could some of the sensors be bust even though there's no fault code?
could the flap not be moving to cold air even though there's no fault code?

it does get hotter if you put the temp up. and even LO seems warm! it's the same temp on ever vent in the car.

thanks in advance for any help!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's not gassed than that's the main reason it's putting out warm air. It can't cool the air if the compressor isn't running!

22 means you need to get to a dealer and get the software updated.

If the outside temp sensor is busted that could be part of it. The ACC needs that to work properly I believe.

You can probably fill it with R-134A yourself or get it done without too much fanfare, and see if that helps.

#3 ·
Aj, any half decent indy air con place will do a regas for about £50. The ACC system should work even with corrupted software, just get it reflashed next time its in the dealers. The exterior temp sensor is located on the front underneath the number plate area, a wire may just be disconnected or if unlucky a new sensor will be required.

#4 ·
ok thanks for the ideas.

today in the rain it was sometimes going cold so i reckon it could have been water crossing the contacts on the connector at the front of the car for the outside temp sensor that isn'y working!

will try and get it regassed soon and see if that fixes it!

cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.