SaabCentral Forums banner

flashers wont turn off, car wont start, battery at 12.1V

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Turboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Some of the skeletons in the closet:
The car is a 1996 9000 Aero. It has a slight history of electrical gremlins. At the moment, fogs and high beams dont work, and emergency flashers haven't been working reliably for about 2 years.

Starting around when I installed prosport gauges about a year ago, I discovered there was a drain on the battery, so if I left the car sitting for about a week without starting it, battery would be drained, i'd have to jump it...

Alarm never really worked since I bought the car.

I was gone overseas for 3 weeks, so naturally my battery was dead when I got home.
I took the battery out, charged it inside the house via a trickle charger. When it was done I took it back out to the car, connected the battery cables, SID read 12.1v. The emergency flashers are on, whether the keys are in the car or not, only way to get them to stop is to disconnect a cable from the battery. Also, when I go to start the car, nothing happens, which is the real problem, as I need to get it on a transport truck.

Any ideas before I cave in and get it towed to a shop?

EDIT: is the alarm going off, and disabling the car? Can I pull a fuse for it?

P.S. I am actually 1200 miles away from my 9000 right now, a friend is trying to help get in on a transport truck to ship it to me, and this issue comes up... Not sure what to try...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.