SaabCentral Forums banner

0-60 times w/BSR?

14K views 69 replies 31 participants last post by  the.hatter 
#1 ·
Anyone ever tested it to see what kind of improvement there is after the BSR PPC upgrade (auto tranny)?

And how about stock 0-60 times (MY06 9-3 Aero)?

#9 · (Edited)
Probably mid-high 6s stock, a half second quicker with BSR. 1/4 mile likely around 14.7-14.9 stock, again a half second or so quicker w/BSR. But these are just estimates, I don't have slips to show you, yet.

BTW, fastest I've seen in car magazine for stock auto is 6.4, for manual, 6.1. You might even run a bit quicker after the engine breaks in.

#13 ·
After years of experience driving sticks and drag racing I would guess that manually shifting the auto-stick should yield a better 0-60 time than merely leaving it in the auto mode. But since I have that tranny in mine I will do a test and report back.

#20 ·
michaLcoughliN said:
6.8seconds. ummm please show proof of this. Ide love to see it
Hey michaLcoughliN!

I can't, as I don't even own a BSR'ed 2.0T Aero. :)

As I said, I figured the car "should" do the 0-60 sprint in about that time, but that is a guesstimate based on my experience. Over the last months, I collected alot of information on different Saab tuning stages by different companies. I got into contact with BSR (who were the only ones refusing to publish any info on acceleration), Hirsch an Nordic and also talked to a whole bunch of Saab drivers on the net. You can see some of the results on a temporary website I created: http://www.gradwanderer.at/_Projekte/Saab_Tuning/

The collected info and studying the different torque curves led to my guess considering the 247hp 2.0T Aero BSR Step 1's acceleration time I mentioned earlier.

My personal recommendation is Nordic Stage 2 (260hp / 400 Nm) anyway. As it's the case with Hirsch Step 2, you can get it with an improved intercooler, but for about half of it's price. They'll do another run with it in the comming weeks, and I guess they'll beat the time you can see on my website. I'll post the results as soon as I've been informed.

I hope that was of any help to you, just ask if there's any question left.

#21 ·
0-60 times from car articles

Why have I seen the stock 2.0T Aero(03-05) written up as 6.9(6spd) 0-60mph and 7.2(auto) in magazines. I would imagine with a decent software upgrade like BSR, or Nortic they would see times around 6.0sec 0-60mph? I do realize C&D also have an artical on the Aero(04) with 7.63 0-60. I mean their are so many factors on these times considering the tires, temp, alt, launch RPM, gas octane, etc...

Anyone care to comment if a stock 2.0T Aero could do 0-60 in 6.9sec?

#22 · (Edited)
Saabpreme said:
Why have I seen the stock 2.0T Aero(03-05) written up as 6.9(6spd) 0-60mph and 7.2(auto) in magazines. I would imagine with a decent software upgrade like BSR, or Nortic they would see times around 6.0sec 0-60mph? I do realize C&D also have an artical on the Aero(04) with 7.63 0-60. I mean their are so many factors on these times considering the tires, temp, alt, launch RPM, gas octane, etc...

Anyone care to comment if a stock 2.0T Aero could do 0-60 in 6.9sec?
The 2.0T Aero (210 hp) equipped with the manual gearbox is capable of doing the 0-60 sprint in about 7.7 seconds.
Whereas the automatic version is capable of accelerating equally fast as the manual one using a tuning software, the stock automatic 2.0T Aero reacts very sluggish and doesn't rev enough, which is why the standard sprint takes 8.8 long seconds with it.
I suspect the data provided by the magazines you mentioned above to be just incorrect, such acceleration values are just impossible with the stock software.

On another note, you would need a far more powerful upgrade providing a large amount of low end torque to achieve the mentioned 6.0 seconds with the 9-3SS 2.0T. The front-wheel drive caused traction problems and the missing overboost-function in the lower gears would require massive torque-loads to make up for it in the short time that passes until 60 mph have been reached. This of course would increase traction problems even more. The most GPS-measured 0-60 sprints of Saab 9-3 SSs tuned to 270-300 hp and about 400 Nm I heard of took about 6.5 seconds.

#23 ·
I have a 2003 ARC (auto.) and i've been reading all these different 0-60 times on here so I decided to take my car for a little run and my first run I did 0-60 in 6.9 seconds using the auto-manual... thinking that I started the stop-watch too late.. I did it 2 more times with the same result...

is there a reason my 03' Arc runs this faster than a 04' Aero (auto.)??

no mods...

#24 ·
ConstableOC said:
The 2.0T Aero (210 hp) equipped with the manual gearbox is capable of doing the 0-60 sprint in about 7.7 seconds.
Whereas the automatic version is capable of accelerating equally fast as the manual one using a tuning software, the stock automatic 2.0T Aero reacts very sluggish and doesn't rev enough, which is why the standard sprint takes 8.8 long seconds with it.
The data provided by the magazines you mentioned above is just incorrect, such acceleration values are just impossible with the stock software.

On another note, you would need a far more powerful upgrade providing a large amount of low end torque to achieve the mentioned 6.0 seconds with the 9-3SS 2.0T. The front-wheel drive caused traction problems and the missing overboost-function in the lower gears would require massive torque-loads to make up for it in the short time that passes until 60 mph have been reached. This of course would increase traction problems even more. The most GPS-measured 0-60 sprints of Saab 9-3 SSs tuned to 270-300 hp and about 400 Nm I heard of took about 6.5 seconds.
If this is true then how can my stock 175hp Linear do 0-60 in 7.53 in manual shift mode? I'll believe my own eyes. GPS isn't perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.