SaabCentral Forums banner

SS Sports Exhaust - Do I need an upgrade for a BSR/Hirsch?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  oslowley 
#1 ·
I have a '03 9-3 SS (Vector/Aero) [with touring package]. I have the sports exhaust but don't have any specs on it. I looked at the sticker that came with the car and there is no info on it. :-??

So the information on that exhaust would be useful if anyone has a pointer on that.

Also I would like to know, would I need to upgrade or is the sports exhaust enough for a BSR/Hirsch upgrade? :-?? It makes me wonder if Hirsch would allow to for go a lack of upgrading the exhaust.

What has me questioning this is that I was looking at the Hirsch upgrade for stage 2 and I am like, well I have I upgraded exhaust - don't I? So all I would need is a ECM upgrade and upgraded intercooler .... ?

#2 ·
your exhaust doesn't count as upgraded, that would be a 2.5" -3" cat back, there is no software difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 so go ahead and get it then later you can get the cat-back, thats what I did, i've had the ppc and the drop in filter for a few months now and just recently ordered the exhaust system from bsr.

#3 ·
oslowley said:
your exhaust doesn't count as upgraded, that would be a 2.5" -3" cat back, there is no software difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 so go ahead and get it then later you can get the cat-back, thats what I did, i've had the ppc and the drop in filter for a few months now and just recently ordered the exhaust system from bsr.
I believe the BSR stage 1 and 2 software upgrade is the same, but Hirsch stage 1 and 2 software differ.

#4 ·
oslowley said:
Where did you get the BSR exhaust from and how much did it cost. Was it on PFS?

#5 ·
The BSR exhaust was a joke ended up too expensive. We will be shipping the Simons (makes BSR systems) in approx 2 weeks. They pushed it back a bit.

Sold the test SS… Should be soon though.

Only pads for the 302 / 285 brakes (11.2 / 11.9).. Not yet for 314mm ( 12.4)

They mixed a few parts in 03…

Thanks,

Nicholas Taliaferro

Parts & Technical Information Mgr.

Taliaferro Imports, Inc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.