SaabCentral Forums banner

Is This Official?

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Uneek93 
#1 · (Edited)
I came across this - this morning.

Design looks good.

Notice the different engine types at the bottom - 350hp and AWD - I just drooled on myself - probably going to need to start saving now just to afford it.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/saabria/9-5.shtml

I know it's for the 9-5 but much of it should go into the next gen 9-3.

Hybrid - AWD - BioFuel - Lots of Horses - I'll hold my breath until it's made but looks and sounds good. The headlights are way cool.

If you click on the pictures at the top of the page they go into more detail on the various projects/ideas or whatever they are at this point. The 9.9x Aero talks about a turbo 4.6L Ultra V8 at 480Hp - that may be a bit extreme!

#2 ·
I think the title of the site says it all "Dream (on) SAAB".:cheesy:

I hate to be a naysayer, but as soon as I opened that link and saw the artist's rendering, I thought "Buick Riviera". I firmly support GM's effort to make SAAB their "green" car line though and all of the hyperbole in the ad copy is great for a blue sky piece.

Making it happen? Priceless.:roll:

#4 ·
Don't get me wrong, but the artist renderings of the 9-5 and 9-9x as they call it has Dodge Charger styling cues if you look towards the rear. I for one to like the Dodge Charger, wouldn't buy one, but I like the aggressive nature of the car and like the police package made available for the car. It seems to fit the police model of a cruiser quite well.

Paul

#6 · (Edited)
hancox said:
I HATE HATE HATE the new front end scheme - makes the 9-5 easily the ugliest Saab I've ever seen.

Woeful will be the day the 9-3 looks like that...
Get used to it - that's what all future Saab's are going to look like.

Based on what was said in a recent conversation I had with a Saab executive, I'd have to say that this rendition is probably pretty close. While I don't know any details, those powertrain ideas mesh with what the exec said as well.

Oh yeah, and the 9-1 is a go, according to the same conversation, it's supposed to be unveiled next summer to the public at one of the European auto shows.

#7 ·
Ok shapes and colors we cannot really discuss. Everyone has his pref. I dare say that Saab is going a long way all of a sudden with the new models.:eek: To me they r futuristic in looks and surely IN THE FUTURE we might like them.:roll: For now the more conventional design makes these look .........'odd'. :confused:

We also need to see what's beneath the skin too, besides engine power.:cheesy:

#12 ·
I love the new look and would probably trade in my 9-3 for one. And it doesn't look like a Charger to me.

#18 ·
If the replacement for my 93 Aero looks anything like those artists renderings then I'll be straight on the phone to my local Audi dealer. That's one of the clumsiest new "concepts" I've ever seen, the designer should go back to the school of taste. Has he completely overlooked the subtleties of the current 93 design which make it such a good looking car? It looks like the car's got Downs Syndrome.

:nono;

It's a shame, I was looking forward to upgrading to another 93. Looks like I'll have to have a rethink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.