SaabCentral Forums banner

What is this called?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  CleveSaab 
#1 ·
These things are like spoilers except they fit at the top of the rear windshield and kind of hang over a bit. I cant remember the term for them but I really wanna get one for my 93. Where can they be found?

#3 ·
Would German rice be called schnitzel? :cool:

The thingy is definitely called a roof spoiler. Kevin Yankton makes some in carbon fiber....www.kyankton.net

#6 ·
I have one, but be prepared to spend around 300+ unless you can get a group buy. We did this last year for a group order of 5 to have them sent over from Sweden. Sometimes they come up on ebay europe. The ng900 are different than the 9-3 version and will require you to relocate your 3rd brake light if you buy one of those.

#7 · (Edited)
"Rear Hatch Spoiler"
This one is the OFFICIAL Saab made part.

ONLY produced in the United Kingdom, and not that many at that.
ONLY for the Saab 900 1994-1998.
(The 9-3 has the cyclop light at the top of the hatch and this spoiler will not fit).

I searched www.ebay.co.uk WEEKLY looking for one. Got mine from NeoBrothers. A Saab breaker in the UK.
I paid around $385, almost $90 of which was shipping.
It was black already so I did not need to paint it, which is why I didn't mind paying a premium for it.

It is pretty sweet being one of only 30 Saabs (and that's a generous guess, I'm betting) on this CONTINENT that has a rear hatch spoiler. :cool:

TheSaabLink did do a group buy of 6, I believe, and the price was not much cheaper then mine. That's without paint. However they got thier Swedish (dude that made these was from Sweden) contact to make custom ones for the 9-3.

#9 ·
I stand corrected on the hatch spoiler...

But $385? Jeez....$400 would buy a set of 17inch wheels! :p

Yankton's is $350...and it's full of carbon fiber goodness.....

#10 · (Edited)
My car doesn't need rims. I adore my 16" Vikings, thank you!

The cheapest NEW set of 17" rims I have ever seen was $119/per. The ones I usually like are around $170/per or more.
Not to mention I CAN'T STAND 17" wheels!
$400 is almost a 3" downpipe and cat would be a better comparo, Mike! :D
Next to the arm rest on the console, that rear spoiler is so far the best money I have spent on her.
Also $90 of that was shipping. So, $295. Lots of wings and spoilers out there are just as expensive.

...and I don't WANT CF on the OUTSIDE of my car. I considered buying Yanktons' and getting it painted since it was the only avail US option.

Jeremy, I said I was being generous. My real guess would be... like... Trigger is 1 of 10 'spoilered' NORTH AMERICAN Saabs. ;)
Might as well show yours off, too, brother. *hint*
Anyone else? Let's see more Saab top hatch spoilers!

#12 ·
17" tires are generally heavier then 16".
(pulling more weight, slight decrease in mileage)
To get ones lighter then 16" rims is expensive.
17" tires tend to tramline a lot around Cleveland Ohio. I REALLY hate tramlining.
17" wheels AND tires are 99% of the time more expensive, period.
Sometimes signifigantly.
Does not apply to me, but in some places, 17" tires will prohibit you from racing in the "stock" class.

The viking rims scream SAAB to me. I think they look great. If a bit too silver...
No other rim I have ever seen reminds me of it. I see a lot of rims out there that look like my Rial Como's.... or a lot of Borbets. Most AfterM rims look great, but not many are a super original design.
Not to mention the vikings are the easiest rim I have ever had to clean!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.