SaabCentral Forums banner

225x45x17 on standard viggen rims?

911 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ragtopcav 
#1 ·
Will they be o.k? No rubbing etc?

Ta!

Ewan.

#3 ·
They will fit, you may have a bit of rubbing at full lock when reversing. Be mindful that you will be a whisker over correct diameter and therefore your speedo will read under a bit [i.e. when it says 60mph you'll be doing about 61.5] this is OK unless you wish to ride the UK top limits for over speed limit [you know, 10% + 2mph is the usual minimum headroom over the limit before penalty is incurred] so stay well under such threshholds and all will be sweet.

#5 ·
ragtopcav said:
They will fit, you may have a bit of rubbing at full lock when reversing. Be mindful that you will be a whisker over correct diameter and therefore your speedo will read under a bit [i.e. when it says 60mph you'll be doing about 61.5] this is OK unless you wish to ride the UK top limits for over speed limit [you know, 10% + 2mph is the usual minimum headroom over the limit before penalty is incurred] so stay well under such threshholds and all will be sweet.

FYI. Speedo's are notoriously inaccurate. My Viggen shows about 3 or 4 mph faster than actual speed with the stock rims/tires @ 80 mph (who drives 60 in California???). I have a Garmin 2610 GPS Navigation system that displays speed based on mathematical calculations from the actual vehicle movement. My BMW Motorcycle reads about 5 MPH fast at 125 actual... As I understand it from conversations on the BMW boards, a Speedo is actually a convenience item and not required by law...

This also means that your odometer is off too (reads more miles than you have actually traveled...) I have some friends that recently rode to all 49 states (yes Alaska too) on their BMW's in like 8 or 9 days. They road side by side and after around 10k miles the odometers were about 600 miles different... Multiply that by 5 (50K miles) and you see that your warranty may have "expired" around 47k actual miles...

Think about that next time the dealer says they won't cover the repair because your odometer reads 52,000...

Luky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.