SaabCentral Forums banner

TCS question regarding power lose...

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tfin 
#1 ·
On my 2002 Viggen I have TCS-duh! The car was custom tuned by frank as well. I Have read a little about how it works, but can someone really explain it. Here's the reason I ask.. To start off I love it at times especially in the snow, in super wet road conditions and coming out of corners. BUT, at other times I think it sucks. If I get on it in second and third at times the TCS activates and it feels like the car loses some serious power. If I get on it in 1st, shift fast to second, the car will loose traction, the TCS will immediately activate and the car will almost loose all power until traction come back (bogs down). Also at times when I get on it in second or third I can feel it modulate the power in a big way. It's almost like it's closing the TB a little at times, and other times when the car really lets loose it feels like it's almost closing the TB completely. So when the ecu detects wheel spin, does it shut the TB or am I way off?? Now if I turn it off the frick’n car goes like a bat at out hell. I mean when the roads are dry it's night and day in regards to how fast the car is with it off compared to it being on.
Also, can a tuner adjust the TCS via the ECU?
Thanks

#2 ·
On t7 the tuner should be able to reprogram all that. I like TCS set for "just keep tires from blowing" The Nordic guys re-calibrated mine so that it down not pull back so far and waits a little longer before reducing. I don't need snow mode. If you leave it original settings it pulls back seemingly way too far and hard. Since the step is now really big. On yours TCS should give up around 60 I had the guys set mine all the way since on the track in michigan it would hit 60 and boil the tires. Stock car really doesn't need tcs at 65 ;)

#3 ·
NickTaliaferro said:
On t7 the tuner should be able to reprogram all that. I like TCS set for "just keep tires from blowing" The Nordic guys re-calibrated mine so that it down not pull back so far and waits a little longer before reducing. I don't need snow mode. If you leave it original settings it pulls back seemingly way too far and hard. Since the step is now really big. On yours TCS should give up around 60 I had the guys set mine all the way since on the track in michigan it would hit 60 and boil the tires. Stock car really doesn't need tcs at 65 ;)
so when I have you right the tune I spoke to you about this summer (stg 4 autobox) what will you do with the TCS?

#4 ·
I doubt they did a thing to the TCS based on time (sure doesn't feel like it), but I could be wrong. At times when it activates it feels slow. Don't get me wrong it's still fast with it on, it's just that when it's off it feels like a different car is all. So does the ecu close the TB, or is it doing something else in regards to abs, etc...?

Thanks

#5 ·
TCS is a function of T7. Almost stopped it will use the brakes but once moving it uses airmass limitation. This is a function of throttle and boost control. It can be changed in a custom tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.