SaabCentral Forums banner

Automatic roof to manual roof

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jumpinghurley 
#1 ·
I have way too many problems with my roof right now and was wondering if it's possible to take out the motors for the roof so it can be pulled back by hand. Has anyone ever heard of doing that before?

#3 ·
I was told that the tonneau motor needs to be replaced and I have about no money at all to spend on it. Since then there was another problem, the covor wouldn't lock and the roof wouldn't go down all the way. I would really like to try and just get rid of the motors and make it something I can pull back by hand... but I don't even know if that's possible.

#4 ·
it would be possible, but to pull back up, you will need to go to the gym more often as they are an heavy item to pull back up.
has the fluid reservoir been kept topped up, as your motor might be ok but if not enough/no fluid, it will not go all the way down /up.
If you decide to dismantle anything, make sure the fluid is not spilled onto the body work as it's similar/same as brake fluid and will damage it

#7 ·
All you need to do is open the little valve in the back (look in owner's manual) and then pull it up or down as you please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.