SaabCentral Forums banner

So i find myself needing new rims and tires

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ares 
#1 ·
well i live in Florida so with that being said i only need 1 set of rims and well i like the 16"s but cheap tires do not seem to exists for them. but a crap load of 17" tires do so i was going to upgrade to a set of 17"s and get rid of my 16"s. but my question is. Is that the 5.110 bolt pattern seems hard to find so are there any oem rims that match the 5.110 offset ? like Subaru Cadillac. ect. i did run a google search but it did not come back with much. thanks for the help guys and gals its appreciated

p.s i would like to stay away from wobble bolts unless i absolutely have to thanks

#2 ·
i believe about a month ago someone started a thread on this.... it had a list of approximately 10-15 other manufacturer wheels that fit in the beginning.

search "alternate wheels" or "what other rims for 9-5" maybe. cant remember the exact name of the thread.

i KNOW cobalt SS rims will fit, Cadillac catera, a few buicks i think as well?

#3 ·
Tirerack will offer a lot of aftermarket wheels that fit your car and you can order tires and they will be mounted and shipped to you from tirerack. Obviously you could source some OEM saab wheels as there are always a few sets in the classifieds.

also I know some Chevy's are 5x110 and Opels are.. The problem with using other auto manufacturer's wheels it that they won't be hubcentric to saabs so you will need to run hubcentric rings with them

#4 ·
Or do you have Discount Tire, or NTB ? I've used both for years and have been very happy overall with their service and available lines of tires and wheels like the 17X8" Voxx MGs and HTRZIIIs on my Aero :cheesy:

#5 ·
There are a handful of cars that will work, but all are GM cars as far as I know. The chevy cobalt ss, hhr, and malibu will fit, pontiac g6, cadillac catera, saturn aura and L series will fit, and as a matter of fact the L series was available with saab 5 spoke wheels for a while, so the hubs will be the same between them. Since this is a GM specific lug pattern, and since all of these cars are of similar size and are FWD, I would assume that things like hub size and offset would be a non-issue seeing as GM reuses almost all of their components across their brand lines, but double check anyway. If you run across some opel or vauxhall wheels those too are GM brands so once again they should fit fine. Good luck.

#8 ·
Tirerack has some cheap rims (that actually look GOOD) and the best tires for excellent prices. Check them out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.