SaabCentral Forums banner

Suspension Help Please

785 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jynxxxed 
#1 ·
Well I finally found some time to install my new suspension, but considering how much of a PITA it is to get the top nut off the front struts it took me like 8 hours to finish the front and I ran out of time and will tackle the rear tomorrow. I took the car for a quick test drive around the block and am a little worried to say the least.

I'm noticing that ~10-15MPH turns around corners, I'm hearing a not very pleasant thumping / popping tension related knock and can feel the vibrations inside the car. I only took a few turns and it seems to be getting better, however it's a very unnerving. The car feels solid in a straight line but any time i turn the wheel, this noise/vibration occurs and scares the crap outta me. I installed everything in reverse order of taking it apart, noticing all the correct torque specs.

Is this normal for a new suspension install? Are the springs just settling, or do I have a more serious problem at hand? I know i need an alignment, but i dont know how that could affect the sounds i'm hearing.

Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks!

and for your viewing pleasure......

See less See more
#2 ·
There will be some settling in to be done.

Mine takes a little while even just after being jacked up :confused:

#3 ·
Thank You for the reassurance, I might have been just over reacting. After another laid back drive, There's significantly less noise but still a bit. It's such a violent sound though, it makes me nervous every time.

I also have a question about the stock bump stops. I took a look at Koni's FAQ, and they suggest reusing the stock stops. I dropped them on the piston(They dont' hug the koni's like they do w/ stock) and put everything back together. Now that I think about it though, since the spring drops the ride hight ~1.25" should I have compensated that amount and cut the bump stops. I'm now worried about rolling over speed bumps and such..:(

-Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.