Dealer List for enabling AUX - Page 3 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines

9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X, 2003 - 2012 Technical & Repair

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 29th April 2004

Join Date: Apr 2004                                                

Braun Saab
2928 Walden Ave (near D ick Rd)
Depew, NY (Buffalo)
(716) 684-8300

I have an appointment at 10:30 tomorrow for AUX enable. Randy, the foreman, knew exactly what I wanted. Said it should take 15 minutes while I wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th April 2004

Join Date: Oct 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysbug506
B&B Saab (in Santa Clara, CA) activated my Aux.

At first, Marc (my service guy) said that he could not enable it. I asked "why not, other people on the Internet have had it done; some have had it done at Burlingame [a nearby dealership owned by the same people]" and provided the instructions from here:
Yeah that Marc guy really gives me a hardtime about doing Tech 2 updates. Tells me not to believe anything I read on the Internet.

I had my AUX enabled at Dirito Bros. in Walnut Creek, CA. Charged me $30 though.
Old 29th April 2004

Join Date: Mar 2004                                                

JMK Saab in Springfield. Ran the cable too.

Old 30th April 2004

Join Date: Apr 2004                                                

Sewell Saab Dallas just did mine at the 30 day new car check. Works great thanks to you guys!!!!! :P
Old 3rd May 2004

Saab of OC in Mission Viejo, CA will do it. They will also do the ROW light settings for you. No luck on the comfort close though.
Old 6th May 2004

Join Date: May 2004                                                

Has anyone had any luck getting AUX enabled at a dealership in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area? I tried to get it enabled on my 2004 Linear at Just Saab in Fairfield OH when I was getting some other work done, and they were very co-operative when I first made the request. At some point they called SaabUSA about this, and after talking to SaabUSA they told me that it wouldn't be available until 2005, won't be available for the Linear, etc...
Old 6th May 2004
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Arc
Saab of OC in Mission Viejo, CA will do it. They will also do the ROW light settings for you. No luck on the comfort close though.
Hey, I go there too

I've had no luck with the comfort close either, if I can figure out the procedure I am sure they'll get it done for me - great bunch of guys down there.
Old 6th May 2004

Default What is this AUX thing everyone is talking about?

New to the SAAB family, sorry for my ignorance. Could someone explain to me why I would want this "enabled"

thanks
Old 7th May 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                
My Saabs: 9 Arc 2.0T Sentronic
Default Re: What is this AUX thing everyone is talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABkidQue
New to the SAAB family, sorry for my ignorance. Could someone explain to me why I would want this "enabled"

thanks
It will give you 1/8" stereo plug input to your car stereo that can be used for MP3 player, satellite radio, laptop or anything else with this type of connection. Most people use it for their Ipods and the sounds is great
Old 7th May 2004
SaabNut!

Join Date: Sep 2003                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3 Arc 2.0T 6-Spd

When I take mine in the I hang out and chat with the mechaninc while he works, Enabling the AUX was exteemely Easy, We added a new ECM and it asked Do you have this... Do you have this... Enable AUX... YES, like 10 or 15 Settings and it worked.

Also he showed me a letter form SaabUSa Stating that Compfort Close was and will not be available on US Cars. I go back in Monday for new tires and to replace the Faded Door handles. I will ask for a copy of the statement and post it here.
Old 9th May 2004

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                
Default Comfort Close does work on US cars

I'm not sure how, because I too was told by my dealer in CO that it doesn't work. I found it to be enabled after I requested the day time running lights be deactivated. They deactivated them but also deactivated the front fog lights. That's since been fixed but the Comfort Close works now for some reason. Problem is I have no idea what they did!
Old 10th May 2004

Default Dave Towell will activate AUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2
Has anyone had any luck getting AUX enabled at a dealership in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area?
Dave Towell Cadillac Saab
111 W. Market Street
Akron, Ohio 44303
phone: 330.376.9600
fax: 330.376.8724

I had the AUX enabled two days after buying. Ask for JJ. He hadn't done it before but had no problem after I told him that I read that he needed to "add" the ICM to the bus and select yes when asked if there is an aux port. He didn't charge me anything but I asked for this when buying the car and I had already installed the port before going.
Old 4th June 2004

Default Re: Dave Towell will activate AUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflippo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2
Has anyone had any luck getting AUX enabled at a dealership in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area?
Dave Towell Cadillac Saab
111 W. Market Street
Akron, Ohio 44303
phone: 330.376.9600
fax: 330.376.8724

I had the AUX enabled two days after buying. Ask for JJ. He hadn't done it before but had no problem after I told him that I read that he needed to "add" the ICM to the bus and select yes when asked if there is an aux port. He didn't charge me anything but I asked for this when buying the car and I had already installed the port before going.
Thanks for the info. I was getting ready to plan a trip to Akron, but figured I'd give it another try at Just Saab when I brought my Linear in for its 30 day service. I had printed out the instructions on enabling AUX from another thread (many thanks to you guys for posting the instructions) and they were willing to give it a try. I now have AUX enabled!

Now I just need to get a cable, and install my XM radio...
Old 5th June 2004
SaabNut!

My Saabs: 2008 9-7x 5.3i
Default Re: Dealer List for enabling AUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKomoman
My dealer can't do it and I thought it might be nice to have a list of dealers that know how to enable the AUX input for reference. From another thread, here's the dealer that Jet 9-3 said did his.

Reinertsen Motors Inc.
295 Route 53
Denville, NJ 07834
Phone: 973-627-0616
Fax: 973-627-3561
Wait a minute... Reinertsen did this?? They are so clueless. Whenever I bring up anything from this board they look at me like I'm looney.

Took 3 attempts for them to fix my passanger seat that had sensor issues. They kept telling me stuff was "complete" I'd drive down to pick up the car and actually it was "He couldn't find anything wrong."
That aint complete in my book...

I will call them but I'm willing to bet large sums of money they will be like "what? Aux, what are you talking about."

We shall see...
Jim
Old 5th June 2004
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2003                                                
My Saabs: 9 Arc 2.0T Sentronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKomoman
My dealer can't do it and I thought it might be nice to have a list of dealers that know how to enable the AUX input for reference. From another thread, here's the dealer that Jet 9-3 said did his.

Reinertsen Motors Inc.
295 Route 53
Denville, NJ 07834
Phone: 973-627-0616
Fax: 973-627-3561
Wait a minute... Reinertsen did this?? They are so clueless. Whenever I bring up anything from this board they look at me like I'm looney.

Took 3 attempts for them to fix my passanger seat that had sensor issues. They kept telling me stuff was "complete" I'd drive down to pick up the car and actually it was "He couldn't find anything wrong."
That aint complete in my book...

I will call them but I'm willing to bet large sums of money they will be like "what? Aux, what are you talking about."

We shall see...
Jim
I'll take that bet. John, the service manager is very receptive to the idea of people hooking up the AUX port. Somtimes they had problems resolving rattles, but otherwise they have been far and away the best dealership experience I have ever experienced
Old 5th June 2004
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet 9-3
I'll take that bet. John, the service manager is very receptive to the idea of people hooking up the AUX port. Somtimes they had problems resolving rattles, but otherwise they have been far and away the best dealership experience I have ever experienced
Cool. Guess I will have to speak to John directly then...
Last time I was there they called him over for a moment cause a guy from sweden was visiting and was going to install the new software sunroof fix.
Sunroof still doesn't work right (partial open sometimes) but maybe I'll have better luck now.

Jim
Old 6th June 2004
SaabNut!

Default Why no saab cable

One question about the cable... Why is there no "Saab" part?
If this is enabled and working in european/asian models then why can't we just order the factory part?

Sorry if this has already been covered but there are just WAY too many posts on this board and search doesn't always help.

Regards
Jim
Old 12th June 2004

My Saabs: 2004 9 SS Aero

Lansdowne Saturn Saab in Richmond BC Canada.

Enabled AUX on my 04 Aero, no problems. Wouldn't do Comfort Close, though.
Old 6th July 2004

Just had my first oil change at ~14k miles. Had them enable the aux in. Gartner did it no problems, no questions asked.

Gartner Saab
4333 Ogden Avenue
Aurora, IL 60504
Phone (866) 818-4355
Fax (630) 851-3140

Actually, they've been great with Tech II stuff, enabling and disabling with out ever asking for money
Old 7th July 2004

My dealer did it, no problem. I gave them instructions from Etadyne and it was done in minutes for $27

Scott Saab
Lehigh Street
Allentown, PA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement