New LS2 Conversion Kit on the market!! - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Tuning/Modifications - 2.8T V6 ONLY

9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Tuning/Modifications - 2.8T V6 ONLY Covers Tuning & all Performance modifications specific to 2.8T V6 ONLY

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
SaabNut!

Join Date: Oct 2012                                                
My Saabs: stg3 '00 9-5 aero
Default New LS2 Conversion Kit on the market!!

Ladies and Gents, I have finished designing and acquiring all my vendors and am now ready to sell to the public! First of all, this system does not work with the stock air box (I am currently working with a fabricator to design an intake system). There will also be a check engine light, this can be tuned out by any tuner (working with a tuner to get special pricing to adjust the tune). This system is for the 2.8l V6 B284 Engine, and can be used on either an auto or manual. You do not have to purchase everything listed below, I recommend buying the bracket, spark plug wires, and plug and play. This will provide you with everything you need to set up the system, leaving you to buy the coils from either a junk yard or whichever store you please.

Bracket (Includes Mounting Hardware)- $75
Spark Plug Wires- $200
Plug and Play-$100 or Pigtails- $25
Coils-$200

The reason this system is better than the only other one out there is because it not only has a person (me) that will respond to customers, but it is also higher quality in every single way. I have bought the other persons kit and could not believe the junk I had paid nearly $500 for, it was missing major pieces and all the hardware, it was poorly constructed and overall a low quality product.

Feel free to ask me any questions about it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LS2 Ignition coil 1.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	214922   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS2 Ignition coil 2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	214930   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS2 Ignition coil 3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	214938   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS2 Ignition coil 4.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	214946  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago
SaabNut!

Join Date: Oct 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2002 93 Viggen Convert, 2007 93 Aero

What does this kit do or what does the upgrade do? I have heard something about this before where you get coils off a Yukon/Suburban maybe?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claps1775 View Post
What does this kit do or what does the upgrade do? I have heard something about this before where you get coils off a Yukon/Suburban maybe?
It is the same as this product

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=591433

Except that mine is much higher quality and people will be able to get a hold of me to order and get questions answered.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Dec 2015                                                
My Saabs: 06 9-3 Aero

What coil packs are included for the $200? Brand/part number? And are the new or used? How would I go about placing an order for a kit?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyprshart View Post
What coil packs are included for the $200? Brand/part number? And are the new or used? How would I go about placing an order for a kit?
they are original new ac delco d585 coils.you can pm me on here or email me at ferguson_blake@rocketmail.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Apr 2017                                                
My Saabs: 07' Saab 9-3 Aero - Stage 1 BCB TUNE

is this coil specific? can we just use the coils we have in our car already? also, what does the plug and play consist of and the pigtails?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2007                                                
My Saabs: '99 9-3 S , '99 9-3 SE, '03 9-3 SE Vert

I'm pretty sure the reason for using this kit is to eliminate the need for the OEM coils which are prone to failing. You would not want to use your original coils.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoony View Post
is this coil specific? can we just use the coils we have in our car already? also, what does the plug and play consist of and the pigtails?
yes as turbojohnny stated the main purpose for this kit is to eliminate the bad coils that our cars come with. this is particularly beneficial for a tuned car as it will withstand a lifetime of abuse while offering a higher spark output and lower dwell time to increase efficiency and power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason for using this kit is to eliminate the need for the OEM coils which are prone to failing. You would not want to use your original coils.
Old 1 Week Ago

Join Date: May 2017                                                
My Saabs: 2002 Saab 9-5 V6 3.0T ARC Wagon
Garage
Default Great Tune upgrade

I will have to keep this post and upgrade later. Make total since to do this upgrade. Not really and upgrade but could be if you purchase MSD parts. Way to cool.
Old 1 Week Ago
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads Toy View Post
I will have to keep this post and upgrade later. Make total since to do this upgrade. Not really and upgrade but could be if you purchase MSD parts. Way to cool.
Well its practically the same price as buying a new set of oem coils, except higher performance (even if you dont get high performance msd coils) which is still an upgrade when tuned correctly
Old 1 Week Ago

Join Date: Dec 2015                                                
My Saabs: 06 9-3 Aero

Well, if you're on the fence on doing the LS2 coil swap, JUST DO IT. I waited and waited, swapped out dead coil pack after dead coil pack, and dealt with the random misfires every morning on a cold start. Got ahold of blaketsre12311 and ordered up his LS2 conversion kit

First off the quality of his plug and play wiring harness is beyond what I had expected. I work for a manufacturer and his harness looks better then some we get from suppliers, seriously. The plug wires are also well above the quality I was expecting. I used my own coil packs I had bought but you can get them from Blake for a really good price. Plug wire length was pretty close to perfect and the harnesses route beautifully, no tight pulls on anything. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long and wasting money on coil packs that would die every 5-8k miles. Just gotta get a hold of JZW to get my tune revised for the coil packs (still haven't been able to)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9079_1497833083810.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	216682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9078_1497833104751.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	216690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9061_1497833118751.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	216698  
Old 6 Days Ago

Join Date: May 2017                                                
My Saabs: 2002 Saab 9-5 V6 3.0T ARC Wagon
Garage
Default Tune

Do you have to get your car retuned after doing this mod? I just looking at stock system with no changes for right now.
Old 6 Days Ago
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads Toy View Post
Do you have to get your car retuned after doing this mod? I just looking at stock system with no changes for right now.
The only reason youll need a tune is if you cant have the engine light on for inspection. It runs just like normal just throws a code for incompatibility. You will also have to have some sort of open air intake to fit the new coils and bracket. If you want/need an example of what one looks like just give me a shout!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement