SaabCentral Forums banner

SE PA K.O.P. Summer SAAB Meet --- Saturday July, 28th 2012

13K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  FiveStar 
#1 · (Edited)

Date: Saturday July 28th, 2012
Time: 11am --> 2/3pm or however long people stay til.
Location: King of Prussia IMAX Theater - 300 Goddard Blvd, King of Prussia, Pa 19460 (***Held in the "side lot" - see map)
*** Meet location is 2 min from the K.O.P. mall with over 400 stores and plenty of places to eat, if you're interested in grabbing lunch or shopping after the meet.

Old Meet Thread:http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226904

SAABs of The Mid Atlantic FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/196310753810106/
(FB page is updated daily with general saab talk and info about upcoming meets)

(***Please respect the location, many different clubs hold meets here)

1st Year Turnout (10 total SAABs)

2nd / Spring Turnout (About 15-17 SAABs and 6-7 Volvos. It was a Swede Theme)

Photos from the Spring Meet:
Videos from the Spring Meet:

Hope to see everyone there on the 28th!

See less See more
2 4
#6 ·
haha nice, look forward to what it might be.

trying to convince a few dubber buddies to come down
bring them along, i just posted over on swedespeed and invited the Volvo guys again. so this can be a swede/euro themed meet and not limited to just saabs. the more cars the better.

#12 ·
no worries, we don't award any trophies. this is just to get together and talk saab, takes some pics and maybe grab lunch/go for a ride after the meet.

it could also be a chance for you to see future upgrades in person, so come out and get some ideas of what you can do to your "stock" saab;ol;

Hm. I think I'll actually be able to attend!
nice, will you have your new wheels on by then?

#27 · (Edited)
#28 ·
so apparently there has been some trouble at the location for the Summer meet (due to other car meets). We will still be meeting at the KOP IMAX location on the 28th, but just incase we run into any problems while we are there and are asked to leave, there is a "back up" location about 200 yards down the road (it can easily hold 50+ cars). i don't have the exact address, but here is a map showing the spot. i don't think we will have any trouble, but this is just for a worst case scenario.

***also, i know we had some trouble at the spring meet, since the location got changed due to the weather, we don't want to have that problem again, so i've set up a email account incase anyone runs into trouble at the summer meet. you can email this account with your name and cell # or post on the Facebook page, to get in touch with myself, so we can get you to the right meet location!

Email: SAABsoftheMidAtlantic@gmail.com
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/196310753810106/

#30 ·
there is a meet held there every sunday night and for the past couple weeks there has been a guy in one of those giant f250's doing burn outs and ripping up/destroying the lot. so the group that holds the meet there has been having run ins with the cops and property manager and were pretty much asked to no longer have their meets there.

i don't think we should have any trouble being there, seeing that we will be there on a saturday afternoon and our group will be small compared to theirs. they have around 50-100 cars every week and on sunday nights.

so no need to panic and bail on this meet, everything is still 100% i just wanted to give everyone the heads up if we should happen run into any trouble and are asked to leave. the back up spot is 100%, i talked to security before our last spring meet and they had no problem with us being there.;ol;

#34 ·
4 more days.

information below is just if the weather takes a turn for the worst. as of today, we will still be meeting at the KOP IMAX lot at 300 Goddard Blvd, King of Prussia, Pa 19406

Main meet spot and back up spot are located 200 yards apart, use the same address:
300 goddard blvd, king of prussia, pa 19406
https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&q=300+goddard+blvd+king+of+prussia+pa+19406&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89c69447812e6df9:0xe53ed32d8b600aa,Goddard+Blvd,+King+of+Prussia,+PA+19406&gl=us&ei=1-QOUNXoM-Pn0QGXnwE&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

IF it happens to be raining and both of the above locations are empty, the address that can be used for the "rain spot" is:
150 Allendale Road #3250 King of Prussia, PA 19406‎
https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&q=150+Allendale+Road+%233250+King+of+Prussia,+PA+19406%E2%80%8E&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89c695c977f28f4b:0x6954d1b80db2229d,150+Allendale+Rd,+King+of+Prussia,+PA+19406&gl=us&ei=weUOUITDJcLX0QH75YGoBw&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

***using ^this^ address you will arrive across from the parking garage located along court blvd and you will see a "Borders" book store. you will use that entrance (court blvd) and then turn left into the parking garage. head to the very back and we will be anywhere with open space along the back side of the first floor. (parking garage is about 1/4 long, so keep an eye out)

***if any of this sounds confusing and you think you may run into any trouble, please message me your cell and i will give you mine, so that you can give me a call if needed. the parking garage kills cell reception, so checking the forum or Facebook for messages will be useless.

Main and Back up Locations:

Directions to Rain Spot, from Main Locations:

#37 ·
Looks like I'll be taking only one car down =/ would've been sick if I could have brought both but the wife over ruled me since we're staying in philly for the weekend.

Def. would have gathered a crowd around the 91 900 turbo vert since there's never any old saabs there lol

#44 ·
see everyone tomorrow.

and again, if you think you'll have trouble, please message me you cell, so i can give you mine. i'll have access to FB tomorrow, but not my PM's on here, so the sooner the better if you need to contact me;ol;

not a problem, you'll make it up eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.