SaabCentral Forums banner

CD Player

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ski_sa 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, my cd player doesn't work (displays "no cd available"), and I've been searching the forum about replacing it so I've got a few questions.
1. Where can I purchase a replacement cd player, I don't need the radio, just the actual cd tray? I had a single disc CD player and I'd like to keep it like that. I searched ebay and I found one for $160, but I'm hoping there's somewhere cheaper.
2. Is there a how-to on changing out the cd player? I couldn't find anything in the forum, and if so, is it pretty easy? (I read that if you stay with whatever you had in your car you don't need to get the Tec2 programming which would be nice)
Thanks guys, and thanks for the help on my last post about my car problems, it was the battery, ran to Sears (the only store that had one for my car) and replaced it, 150 bucks later.

#2 ·
Hey Brad,

*) To get the cd player out:
http://www.etadyne.com/DIYaux.htm

*) To repair the cd player:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180577

*) If you decide to get a new cd player it has to be married to your car via Tech2. If you buy a used unit, make sure that it's been divorced from the donor car.

There appear to be ways of divorcing the device using your car, but then you have to know the VIN of the donor car, and not all dealers will help you with this stating it's illegal etc.

Good luck!

#6 ·
Hey Brad,

*) If you decide to get a new cd player it has to be married to your car via Tech2. If you buy a used unit, make sure that it's been divorced from the donor car.

There appear to be ways of divorcing the device using your car, but then you have to know the VIN of the donor car, and not all dealers will help you with this stating it's illegal etc.

Good luck!
Recently I replaced my broken CD player with one from e-bay. I did not have to do any Tech2 stuff ... it was plug an play.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.