SaabCentral Forums banner

Shock horror a good review!

924 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  saab93f 
#1 ·
#4 ·
kart125 said:
Wow I'm surprised too! It seems american journalists are harsher on Saabs than european journalists.
You might be onto something. If you happened to read european reviews of 3-series you´d be surprised. Good bits are complimented for a good reason but it is not as perfect as american reviews let you to believe.

It´s not uncommon (elsewhere than Germany) for a 9-3 to beat 3-series in a comparo. 9-3 cabrio did that in Germany too so it can´t be very bad car ;)

#5 ·
Americans want huge cars that seat 8, are packed with meaningless options and have 500 horsepower. If it doesn't go 0-60 in 5 seconds, handles like a barge and sucks gas like a tank...it can't be American. The recent gas crunch has helped change those views, but overall Americans haven't changed.

Post some of the european BMW comparisons to the Saab, if you will...

#6 ·
DanS said:
Americans want huge cars that seat 8, are packed with meaningless options and have 500 horsepower. If it doesn't go 0-60 in 5 seconds, handles like a barge and sucks gas like a tank...it can't be American. The recent gas crunch has helped change those views, but overall Americans haven't changed.

Post some of the european BMW comparisons to the Saab, if you will...
I´ll try and find some. They are most likely in German or Swedish or Finnish but...I´ll translate if needed. Swedes are btw very critical towards their own, be it Saab or Ovlov.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.