SaabCentral Forums banner

keyless entry/alarm quit working

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tym1200 
#1 · (Edited)
My battery just completley died the other night, after replacing it the keyless entry or alarm does not work. I press the lock button on the remote. and the car does nothing..no beep or no lock. When I push the lock down inside the car it doesnt lock the passenger door either like usual, it just makes a noise inside the drivers side door. I replaced the battery in the remote and cleaned the contacts in the remote also. It has worked perfectly before, no problems whatsoever.

#2 ·
tym1200 said:
My battery just completley died the other night, after replacing it the keyless entry or alarm does not work. I press the lock button on the remote. and the car does nothing..no beep or no lock. When I push the lock down inside the car it doesnt lock the passenger door either like usual, it just makes a noise inside the drivers side door. I replaced the battery in the remote and cleaned the contacts in the remote also. It has worked perfectly before, no problems whatsoever.
After replacing dead remote batteries, press the lock/unlock button five times near the car so that the vehicle recognizes the remote transmitter. It should work fine afterward.

#4 ·
Okay.. now the power locks started working again, only when you use the key or push the knob down on either side it locks both doors. but the remote still does absolutley nothing. i tried the pusing the lock button 5 times thing and that did not work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.