SaabCentral Forums banner

Considering buying an 08 9-3 Aero

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Energy_AZ 
#1 ·
Hi! I've been looking at a nice 9-3 Aero with the turbocharged V6, it has about 30k miles on it. It is a lease turn-in.

This will be the first newer car I've bought, and first from a dealer.

I was wondering what to look for in this particular situation. I'm a little worried about it having been a leased car and the previous owner maybe not treating it right. Also I'm wondering if anyone has advice for things to look for/have the dealer fix before taking the car off the lot.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I sorta agree with your comments on the lease owner. I've always looked at leasing just as a long term rental. And you don't want to know how I treat rental cars:eek:

OTOH, you might have a good owner so who knows.

#3 ·
An '08 lease....I wouldn't worry for a second. Leasing usually requires the leaser to bring the car in for basic services (e.g. Oil changes) so the basic were done you can be assured. Plus it's an 08 with plenty of warranty left. If your still unsure, insist the dealer CPO it.

#4 ·
Lease cars are generally good buys as they will have been regularly serviced, and any problems/faults will normally be sorted out during the contract. Also a lot of lease cars typically spend most of their life on the motorway/highway which will cause less wear and tear.

If the car has a full service history (which it should), looks well looked after and drives well, it could be a good deal!

#6 ·
Lease returns usually a good buy...as others mentioned, leases get regular service by factory certified techs - usually a lease return qualifies for CPO warranty which is essentially extending factory warranty to 100k miles (certainly ask about this if its coming from a dealer!)

Also, many people are sketchy of the lease fees..so dont find too many mods, high mileage, etc, etc. Generally speaking; lease return should be a gently used low mileage vehicle that was regularly maintained and usually a good buy. I have bought 2 lease return Saabs with no regrets

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.