SaabCentral Forums banner

Problems after intake installation

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ikrules 
#1 ·
Included in the picture is the part that makes some sort rattling sound inside the car, and when I touched that thing it was vibrating. Could anyone tell me what that is?

#4 ·
Basically it is a modulating valve for the OBD2 emisssions system. It is possible to reduce the sound by adjusting the placement.

:idea EVAP canister purge valve:
The EVAP canister purge valve comprises a solenoid valve located in the line between the EVAP canister and the intake manifold. It is used to regulate the amount of air/hydrocarbons that is passed from the EVAP canister to the engine for combustion. The EVAP canister purge valve is also used during the tank integrity diagnosis. When the ignition is off, the valve is closed.

NCT

#7 ·
The vibration is more like a "ting ting ting" sound that I can only hear from inside the car. Also when I open the hood, and put my hand on the part, i can feel it clicking.

there is a metal piece on the place where it used to be, you just need to push out that piece, and you can attach the part. I just double checked to see whether or not I have left out anything or not and I found nothing missing. The sound of that thing vibrating is still there. Is there anyone who can help me with this issue? Could HID affect this?

p.s. I tried to draw a diagram to show you what to do. Hope this helps, I am charging the battery for my digital camera. Will try to post a picture with detail when I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.