SaabCentral Forums banner

Re-enable Fog lights after replacing the car battery due to battery drain.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  seanroh 
#1 ·
Hello,

I had a car parked for a while with my music on, which drained my battery. Unfortunately, Saab does not allow jump start unless you find a fuse that controls the battery monitoring or something.

However, I've called AAA and got my battery replaced, but now my fog lights, both front and rear, doesn't work at all. I don't get any error messages and the lights have been replaced very recently.

It seems like there I need to reprogram or reset my car to "understand" it is equipped with fog lights, but I don't know how.

I've accidentally figured out how to re-enable auto windows up/down feature by holding the windows up switch for a while until I hear a "beep" sound (the same sound you hear inputting a new seat position to the memory seat).

Please help how I can reset the car and get my fog lights to work again.

Thank you!!

See less See more
#3 ·
When the battery is completely drained on Saab's (I've got to this point trying to squeeze out the power left in the battery to start the car), you will get a message on your information display, which I forgot what it was.

After you reach that point, the battery assumes that it is baring a risk of having a dead cell, which can turn into an explosive when used.

So, the AAA battery guy had to replace the battery because the jump start won't work.

However, until you get the battery notification message on your info display, I think you can still jump start. I've also had a success with push start.

BTW, it is 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.