SaabCentral Forums banner

Cold Weather = CEL?

954 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chris97 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Now that it's gotten cold, my CEL is coming on pretty regular with the cold weather, (91 900S n/a). On warmer days, it goes out. I haven't had the chance to pull the codes, going to do that this weekend when I'm less busy. It seems to be running alright, but using a little more fuel than usual. I'm leaning towards the coolant temp sensor, as it seems to be temperature related.
Any thoughts from those more wise in the ways of SAAB's than I?

Regards,
Chris

#2 ·
An update,

Put some gas in it today, noticed the CEL went out for a few minutes, thinking ELCD problem? I saw a few threads about disconnecting the canister, how about the valve up top, disconnect that as well?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Chris

#4 ·
Evaporative Loss Control Devices rarely fail.
Guessing at things and disconnecting them is a poor diagnostic technique.
Get the codes.
I'd bet on an Air Mass Meter or Oxygen sensor.

#5 ·
Update

I pulled the codes over the weekend, and came up with a 12111 and 12241, seems to be pointing to the O2 sensor, good call Jim. I'm going to splice in a sensor from a Ford, as described here, are there any particular splice technique that should be used, or can I use regular old butt splices, along with some heat shrink, and maybe some tape. Has anyone ever used that liquid electrical tape with sucess?

Regards,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.