SaabCentral Forums banner

This guy is out of his mind

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  TwoSwedes 
#1 ·
He has buy it now at $19,900. This is a stripped down Linear with 46,000 miles on it. Look at the condition on the interior. It looks like the person spilled coffee all over every inch of the carpet, front and rear. It looks like he used a whole bottle of Armorall on the dash and center stack. Good luck removing that oil slick. The Armorall makes the dash look like its out of a Hyundai.

At least clean the car before you take pictures of it. Edmunds shows a value of $14,000 to $17,000 for this car. This one is more around $14,000 in my book.

Ebay

See less See more
#8 ·
That Armor-All is bad. He has brought shame upon all self-respecting car people.

Incidentally, I also have the Parchment interior. Just curious, what do you guys use on the dash and the tops of the door panelsas far as cleaner/protectant? I haven't had the courage to try anything yet, except a dry-dust cloth. I have considered using Griots vinyl and rubber dressing, as it is not silicone based, and is supposed to be safe for use.

Any thoughts or advice?

GP

#9 ·
ArcGP said:
That Armor-All is bad. He has brought shame upon all self-respecting car people.

Incidentally, I also have the Parchment interior. Just curious, what do you guys use on the dash and the tops of the door panelsas far as cleaner/protectant? I haven't had the courage to try anything yet, except a dry-dust cloth. I have considered using Griots vinyl and rubber dressing, as it is not silicone based, and is supposed to be safe for use.

Any thoughts or advice?

GP
I will take a picture of what I use when I come home. It works by conditioning leather and vinyl and refreshing the look. It also allows you to bring back the new car smell.

Paul

#10 ·
ArcGP said:

Any thoughts or advice?

GP
I personally use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Works great without having that "shiny oily" look.

#11 ·
while that car is pretty jacked up it brings up another question for me. Did that car lose that much value because of it's condition + miles. Or did it lose it's value as any normal car would. If it's the latter it causes some concern because it's a 2003 ...The more I think about it it must be because of the mileage and condition of it... any thoughts?

#13 ·
ArcGP said:

Any thoughts or advice?

GP
I use 303 products also. I use it on the dash and door panels. If I scuff the doors. It just wipes off with a wet microfiber towel. You can locate a 303 dealer near you here. 303 . If you don't want to go to the hassle to find 303. The next best thing is Vinylex. You can find that at any auto parts store. You should only use a wet microfiber cloth on the radio and ACC faceplates. You don't want your car to look like the one above.

saabvebeach said:
while that car is pretty jacked up it brings up another question for me. Did that car lose that much value because of it's condition + miles. Or did it lose it's value as any normal car would. If it's the latter it causes some concern because it's a 2003 ...The more I think about it it must be because of the mileage and condition of it... any thoughts?
That is a Linear with no options. It just has the 16 inch wheels. So the MSRP of that was about $27,000. Our cars take a 10K hit right off the bat these days. You subtract more money for the 32,000 miles that car has extra. Plus the condition it is in.

#17 ·
finklejag said:
If you don't want to go to the hassle to find 303. The next best thing is Vinylex. You can find that at any auto parts store.
I use Vinylex, and like it a lot. A good gloss, but not too shiny, and definitely not a greasy feel like some products have. Though I've only seen it at a few stores, not all (I got mine online)

#20 ·
Jet 9-3 said:
finklejag said:
If you don't want to go to the hassle to find 303. The next best thing is Vinylex. You can find that at any auto parts store.
I use Vinylex, and like it a lot. A good gloss, but not too shiny, and definitely not a greasy feel like some products have. Though I've only seen it at a few stores, not all (I got mine online)
I also use Vinylex, you just have to make sure you dont get it on any of the smooth surfaces or it will give that cheap shiney look . I just use a damp rag to clean the smooth stuff.

#21 ·
Jerry03Arc said:
Jet 9-3 said:
finklejag said:
I also use Vinylex, you just have to make sure you dont get it on any of the smooth surfaces or it will give that cheap shiney look . I just use a damp rag to clean the smooth stuff.
I do the same thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.