SaabCentral Forums banner

My Car has a Mind of it's Own!

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  CallipNCSUsaab 
#1 ·
I can't believe this. I dropped my car off this morning for the 30 day, fix passenger sensor, turn off auto AC, and re-tint (with Solid's tint fix suggestion). I told you guys last week that I was getting a terrible rattle from the passenger side front door and that it sounded like glass rattling. Well sure enough, on my way to the dealer I made sure to have the stereo off, and drive over as many bumps I could find and guess what? NO RATTLE! Arrrrgh! :roll: Figures!

I really think this car might have a mind of it's own and actually is playing a cruel joke on me.

#3 ·
I was at the dealer yesterday just to get some touch-up paint. I mentioned to my salesman that on my 30-day, I'm going to ask them to fix the buzzing. He goes, "Oh yea, let's hear how bad it is". So we go for a little ride, and I play a song that always brings out big rattles. Nothing. I change to another one that brings them out. Nothing. I couldn't get it to rattle no matter what I did. After getting the touch-up, I drive back to work, and guess what? It's rattling like crazy - with every song, with every bump.... :oops:

#5 ·
JNGold said:
Yeah Ked! Don't those conversations with the dealer usually end in "yeah, but I heard it yesterday!" :-?
I think when I take it in for my 30 day, I'm just going to say - look, it rattles a lot, in both doors. Do whatever you know how to do to fix rattles (whatever you have done that has worked in other people's cars), regardless of if you can hear them right now...

#6 ·
kedvale said:
I was at the dealer yesterday just to get some touch-up paint. I mentioned to my salesman that on my 30-day, I'm going to ask them to fix the buzzing. He goes, "Oh yea, let's hear how bad it is". So we go for a little ride, and I play a song that always brings out big rattles. Nothing. I change to another one that brings them out. Nothing. I couldn't get it to rattle no matter what I did. After getting the touch-up, I drive back to work, and guess what? It's rattling like crazy - with every song, with every bump.... :oops:
This is so true :x

#7 ·
I have the same, aggravating problem with a brake noise. Every time I back up and turn the wheek toward the right, I get this loud moaning/groaning noise.

When I take it to the dealer, nothing - or at best, a minor squeak.

And, the dealer has yet to be able to fix it (after 3 tries). Maybe I need the lemon law ....

#8 ·
Noises. Arrg :x Your world frightens and confuses me!

So I spent 3 hours sealing the doors frames and a few other rattles in the car last Sunday. Lubed the doors with BMW Gummi Pflege (I had used it before when I owned a delSol) :) http://www.unofficialbmw.com/all/interior/all_gummi_pflege.html and drove home. Just a couple of minor rattles. I was happy. I took pictures of what I did, and will post them later.

Then yesterday, I drove to work (100 miles rt) and on my way home, it sounded like the passenger side was going to come apart!

I sometimes think that it takes a passenger to be in the car for it to be quiet(er).

Which brings me to a question - does the passenger seat make noises when no one is sitting in it?

#10 ·
rdlrkl said:
I have the same, aggravating problem with a brake noise. Every time I back up and turn the wheek toward the right, I get this loud moaning/groaning noise.

When I take it to the dealer, nothing - or at best, a minor squeak.

And, the dealer has yet to be able to fix it (after 3 tries). Maybe I need the lemon law ....
When I take it to the dealer, nothing - or at best, a minor squeak.I had the same problem before,, :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.