SaabCentral Forums banner

always on my mind 9-5 2011

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Turbogirl 
#1 ·
I have been on the forum since few month taking some info in the saab turbo x 2008 and since 1 month i saw a 9-5 2011 and it was.....like ....amazing.
I am looking to buy a car awd in the next month and saw a nice 2011 9-5 turbo6 awd black on black brand new retail 62999,99$ for 39000$ full gm warranty 4 years.
I am very tempted....what do you think i sould do????? go for it or buy the 2008 turbo x 59000km for 23000$

#3 ·
All I can tell you is that after today (with the confirmation that Saab Parts NA will soon be operating again), I'm really happy I took a flyer on my 2011 Turbo4.

I don't have all the bells and whistles that some of the others have, but it's the biggest car I've ever had with a stick, drives like a Saab (traded in a 2000 9-3), and I got it slightly used (3000 miles) for about 40% of original invoice.

Give it a drive. You won't regret it.

Hopefully parts will become more reasonable now that the NDO in Sweden has to keep Saab Parts AB operating and recoup its investment.

#4 ·
Really? Back in biz??? Very difficult to find parts... and the major problem is that my car has been breaking constantly - just shy of $100K, I've had to install new hub bearings on one side in March, diagnostics for and crank sensor installation last month, this month a new motor mount and now again the driver's side seat has broken (the 5th time)

Yeah it is fun to drive, but the expense and annoyance of not being able to get parts in a snap is becoming not worth it. I had heard that Saabs run forever... it was my dream to own one... If they are/were so GREAT why would they go out of biz.... think about it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.