SaabCentral Forums banner

CD Changer Cable route

790 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  davidlef 
#1 ·
Seems Ireland is one of those countries where the dealer likes to remove the factory-fitted CD changer cable. :roll:
ANyone any suggestions as to the easiest / least dsiruptive route to take the cable from headunit to Boot (trunk to our US friends)

Cheers for any help :D

#2 ·
I have an aftermarket system, I ran the cord for the amp which is fairly thick. I went from the panel where the factory amp is located, through the feet section of the passenger carpet, under that black foot guard at the base of the door, and under the backseat and to the trunk. If you keep it alongside the wall it's only visible for me for just an inch or so which i could easily tuck under the carpet if i wasnt so lazy. :p Thats the route i took, good luck!

#3 ·
I hate to ask this, but are you sure it was removed? I had loads of trouble locating mine, and finally I had to remove some trim and carpeting in the trunk. The cable was cable tied to rear lighting and antenna wires. I know people say the dealer removed the cable, but it seems like an awful lot of work.

#4 ·
Had the whole rear carpet /panelling out .. no sign of a cable. Of course I then confirmed this by getting some DIN removal keys and pulling out the stereo.... which might have been easier than the first move ..... DOH !!! Presume if the cable was there it would be plugged into the back of the head unit ???

I'll try running it along the side as suggested when I finally give up the hunt for the original cable.

Anyway ....Thanks to you all

#5 ·
I've been through the same process - whole boot taken apart and no cable. I've also looked at the front too...

My car is a base 900 1997, which originally came with a SID1 and third party radio. Perhaps these base cars didn't come with a cable - although all the posts I've read have said that the cable is always fitted.

The route under the passenger foot guard is an easy one. Might be easier if you remove the glovebox, which only takes 10 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.