SaabCentral Forums banner

Button Under Gas-Pedal?

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  CTarna 
#1 ·
I've always notice theres a button under the gas pedal, that gives the car *power* more acceleration............ but ...... i dont understand how it works or whats going on inside the engine when this buttion is engaded......
Anyone knows what goes on.............?

#6 ·
On the old cars with true overdrive, the button under the throttle pedal was also a "kick-down" - disengaging the OD, an add-on to the manual transmission..

On todays Saab, the activation of the little button causes the transmission to electronically drop down a gear.

Jeremy has the most straight-forward answer...:cheesy:

#11 ·
The Sport Mode button on the Auto actually changes the shift points in the Transmission for more aggressive driving. Instead of shifting at the most economical place according to they way you are driving; the transmission will move each shift point to maximize power output.

It doesn't give your car any more power; but it certainly feels like it :cheesy:

#12 ·
99Saabnut said:
The Sport Mode button on the Auto actually changes the shift points in the Transmission for more aggressive driving. Instead of shifting at the most economical place according to they way you are driving; the transmission will move each shift point to maximize power output.

It doesn't give your car any more power; but it certainly feels like it :cheesy:
thanks alot for the info SN

#14 ·
Started driving w/o shoes and felt this button with my foot. I press it occasionally with my left foot while still giving some throttle (gas) with my right. It does not drop a gear/ kick down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.