SaabCentral Forums banner

Anyone interested in sound systems?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fox24racing 
#1 ·
K so I have had my 2000 Saab 95 Aero for about three months now. I love the stock feel of the car, except for the radio. What I am planning on doing is removing the radio, just the center section not the top display or the climate control. I want to make an Ipad sleeve that would house the Ipad and use it as the main interfase :lol:. Behind this would be space, which is what I am debating on what to do with...either i could house another radio behind it using its ipod connectibility to simply relay it through this and keep it hidden... or run an amp straight to the tablet via RCA's and a volume control knob.
My question is if anyone knows if aftermarket systems will be able to put out to 9 speakers without using multiple amps? Are the Harmon/Kardon sound systems fussy (mismatched) with aftermarket power for the most part?
Ive never been inside the dash on this car and I dont know how much room is looming...I would need at least an inch inch and a half behind the sleeve to allow it to swivel towards myself and the passenger, as well as to remove it and place it in. yeah:cheesy: ANY IDEAS?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.