SaabCentral Forums banner

Cracked Headlight Lens - Need Help!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fresheadies 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums so I'd like to say 'hello' to everyone before I post... Hello!

Now for the problem. The wife owns a 2002 95 Arc Sedan which she has been having difficulty with. I've done some minor work to it to help keep it on the road but when she took it to get a sticker; didn't pass. She has a driver's side cracked headlight lens and I can't find the god damn thing for the life of me ANYWHERE. I've called 4 europarts/saab shops and they've all told me that they don't have it and the part is extremely difficult to find. "Good luck" is what I've pretty much received. My online research has yield a couple of different selections, but not a single one has been specific to the actual model (when I've actually found one in the ballpark range of the actual model and trim).

So, my questions are this. Is anyone aware of what models are interchangeable for this vehicle's headlight lens/headlight assembly i.e. models of different years, different models of the same year, etc. Furthermore, does anyone know if the lens can be safely removed from the assembly? I have found listings for assemblies that cover multiple models, but I've been having a bear of time identifying the exact one I need (if that's even the case of needing one specifically for the Arc submodel).

On that note, are Xenon/non-Xenon assemblies interchangeable? What are the differences between them? To be honest, I've never seen such a world of confusion regarding a simple headlight assembly and lens! Please help!

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm indifferent to it being used or new, I just want to find the part. I don't mind going used whatsoever. What is the difference between Xenon and non-Xenon? Is it a different way of saying HID and non-HID? Along those lines, will non-HID and HID assemblies of the same model/year fit the same vehicles?

Thanks...

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.