SaabCentral Forums banner

stereo install kit

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Brian Zadow 
#1 ·
hi, i have a 2004 9-3 linear. does anyone know of a place to get an installation kit for an aftermarket stereo? i'm having a hard time finding one. i would like to be able to install an in-dash dvd/gps system.
thanks!

#3 ·
You won't find an aftermarket installation kit for the 9-3 (2003-2006) because they don't exist.
The audio system in these cars cannot be replaced, see the Stereo Category of Saab 9³ SS/CV/SC FAQ, Past Stickies & more for a full breakdown of the 2003-2006 system with all it's problems.

You can however, install an aftermarket headunit in the position currently occupied by the cd player, and connecting new speakers to this. Parallel systems have been installed by a few members here, some of their threads are as follows :
The long awaited instructions for installing a aftermarket sound system.
My New Indash Sat Nav/DVD System 2003 9-3 Aero Thank You SaabCentral
Double Din Pioneer-- 05' Linear

There are more, but that will give you some ideas to start with

#4 ·
Putting in a aftermarket head unit isnt tough if you know what your doing but unless you have extensive 12volt background it would suck. I have worked as a MECP cerified mobile installer for 7 years and it took me 6 hours to put in my pioneer 800bt. In order to have all of the speakers working you have to rewire all of the speakers and add at least a four channel amp. The only other thing is when you take out the factory changer you have to loop the optic in and out on the changer which is fairly easy if you know what your doing. I the long run it may not be worth it but for me it was. I got bluetooth and ipod controls along with a 7 band eq by installing my radio. I would highly recomend spending the money on a higher end radio that has every feature possible even if you dont use it.
One Love:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.