SaabCentral Forums banner

Door Electric Problems

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Blimpy 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I first have to say I've been a daily reader of this sight for about half a year now and have learned an immense amount about my cars and cars in general. Thank you all!
I've been having problem with the entire passenger side door electrical system (mirror, window, lock) for a lil while. While it could be many separate problems, I have a feeling theres a connection issue somewhere.
I've already tried unhooking and reattaching the main door connector but no luck.
And yes, I've searched for this over many many threads and can't find anything.
Any ideas on what I should test and how I should test it? Any help is much appreciated

#4 ·
The OP has stated that he already disconnected the door in an attempt to re-set the Control Module, it didn't work.

"I've already tried unhooking and reattaching the main door connector but no luck."

A last ditch effort might be to disconnect the Negative Battery terminal for a few minutes for a full system reboot but IMO a longshot. It's possible it could be a fault in the door connector, but it is more than likely a failed Door Control Module.

#6 ·
Remove the door pannel your is most likely a connecter in the door came loose. It will be obvious to see once the pannel is removed.

#7 ·
The results

Sorry I've taken awhile to get back
I tried resetting the door by unhooking the connector again, unhooked the battery, no luck. I tested the wires and although its pretty hard to tell it seems to me the door connector (on the shoulder of the door towards the front of the car) is broken.
Any help on fixing this? I am not especially electrically proficient. Or shoud I have a professinal check this out?

Thanks

#9 · (Edited)
I was only able to answer my own question after trying out all of the suggestions you all gave and thinking more about it. I am a novice when it comes to DIY things, including cars. However, with the help of this site, I am becoming more proficient quickly (at least I hope so!). So I know you probably don't understand, but thank you for your help

However I now have a new question as you can see. I honestly don't know much about electronics so I don't know what's involved in replacing a connector. Guess I'll look it up on an electronics website. Also, are connectors specific to saab/gm? Or can I just go to a hardware store

#11 ·
I forgot to post, sorry, got it fixed. Broken window control module as I thought. While the install does not take very long, keep in mind that it has to be Tech IIed in, so either way it has to go to the dealer.

Strangely enough it fixed my broken seat warmer too

Anyway, hope this helps if anyone has the same problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.