SaabCentral Forums banner

7 Speaker to 13 Speaker Audio Upgrade

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ivan 9-3 Aero SS 
#1 ·
Have any of you purchased this and had it installed? I remember reading many moons ago about someone who was doing this. If anyone has, can you please answer a few questions about it:

- How much did the dealer charge for installation?
- Is there a noticeable difference?
- Was it worth the money?

Thanks for your help...much appreciated. I have been agonizing about this thing for months and months, and still am not sure. I'm going back and forth between doing this and doing something like adding a smaller amp and 6x9 speakers.

Mike
'03 9-3 Linear w/ Launch pkg
(Oct '02 build date - ancient! I have the fabric armrest hehe)

#2 ·
USNA '00 said:
Have any of you purchased this and had it installed? I remember reading many moons ago about someone who was doing this. If anyone has, can you please answer a few questions about it:

- How much did the dealer charge for installation?
- Is there a noticeable difference?
- Was it worth the money?

Thanks for your help...much appreciated. I have been agonizing about this thing for months and months, and still am not sure. I'm going back and forth between doing this and doing something like adding a smaller amp and 6x9 speakers.

Mike
'03 9-3 Linear w/ Launch pkg
(Oct '02 build date - ancient! I have the fabric armrest hehe)
You've got same vehicle as mine.. My 93ss was born on oct/02..
and yes..the fabric armrest.. :cheesy:

#4 ·
I actually like the fabric armrest, for some reason. I couldn't see having the leather one now. When I got an Arc as a loaner, it just seemed weird.

Oh well, back to the audio...I don't know if I can plunk down large amounts of money to COMPLETELY overhaul the system. That's kind of why I'm leaning towards the Saab upgrade (and possibly down the road, changing out speakers).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.