SaabCentral Forums banner

Turbo playing games

766 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 ·
while driving my Saab down the motorway on the weekend i noticed that the Aero boost gauge was moving about without me touching the pedal. I didnt think too much of it at the time.

However, while driving to work this morning it was happening again. I was stopped at the lights and the boost gauge was jumping up and down. There is no change in the engine revs but the turbo gauge is definately moving about on its own.

I can actually feel it through the car as well, like the turbo is firing up and then firing down on its own accord, despite the fact im stopped at the lights and my foot isnt touching the pedal.

As i said, there is no change in the engine revs but the boost is rising up and down on its own.

my only guess it that there is something up with the throttle body or a leak in one of the hoses.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

#6 ·
JamesTe said:
problem fixed. Turned out to be a loose connection from delivery pipe to intercooler pipe.

thanks
Well done, I have always found it amazing how a simple loose pipe on these cars feels like we suddenly need a new engine...........

Glad its sorted ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.