SaabCentral Forums banner

Windscreen washer nozzle

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  epsilon93 
#1 ·
I have been trying to figure out how to replace my windscreen nozzle jets. One of them is clogged, nothing I have done so far worked to unclog it so I bought a new one to replace but I could not remove the damn thing out of cutout in the hood. I can unclip it from the hood but the piece where the hose goes into is too oversized to go through the cutout. Can anyone advise? Nimisys?

#2 ·
Provided you can disconnect the tubing, have you tried reverse flushing them with a needle and syringe? I have used this method before.

Needles come in all different sizes (gauges). I'm not sure of the diameter of the washer nozzle, but you don't want to enlarge it. You can probably buy needles for insulin injection, which are very small gauge (28-29).

#3 ·
epsilon93 said:
I have been trying to figure out how to replace my windscreen nozzle jets. One of them is clogged, nothing I have done so far worked to unclog it so I bought a new one to replace but I could not remove the damn thing out of cutout in the hood. I can unclip it from the hood but the piece where the hose goes into is too oversized to go through the cutout. Can anyone advise? Nimisys?
I know this is an old thread but it was the most relevant one than popped up in my search.... I have the exact same problem as epsilon93..... anybody got any ideas please !!!

#4 ·
This is the black nozzle piece that goes through the hood? If so, it has a sort of diamond shaped plastic spring structure that expands when the nozzle is in place on the bonnet. I've never taken one out, but I have put one back before and its a little tricky. There might be a special tool to do it, but I would try squeezing the "diamond" with some pliers with the understanding that it might snap.

Check this out. I took my car to a Manchester bodywork company - Carcare-express - to have some respraying done, fix road chips etc. Apart from leaving the car covered in holograms and the bonnet with a dull finish in places, the idiots dented the bonnet during the refitment of the nozzle piece (and then managed to snap the nozzle piece while trying to take their dents out). Awful company - took me 5 visits, trading standards, letters, before they gave me a partial refund and I got the work done professionally:

#7 ·
Wow... this is an old thread. I was able to figure it out after thinking about the problem for a bit but I didn't get around to report it. What Ambisaab wrote is exactly correct, you just need to carefully manouvre the head from the underside to refit. Removing is the same, the head needs to go under the hole. If you try to pull the head out from the top you will get a dent. You may need to squeeze the clip a bit but that is fine. The clip is designed to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.