SaabCentral Forums banner

Radio and window help needed please

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  rb88 
#1 ·
Alright so I got my 9-3 the other day and to be honest I'm good working on mechanical things but once we get inside the car I hate it. I'm having a few issues. One would be my pops was driving the car from s.c to p.a and said that he tried to put a cd in and it just got stuck and then the radio wouldn't work. Then today I tried to put the window down on the passenger front door and it doesn't do a thing. No sound or anything like when a regulator is usually bad. I was trying to mess with fuses tonight and the few I found for the radio seemed to be ok and I couldn't get the thirty amp door amp out b'c I couldn't find my neednose pliers and it was dark and hotter than hell so I gave up. Any thoughts. Also sometimes when idling it makes a clicking sound that seems to go away when I depress the clutch. LOL I'm already thinking what did I get myself into. I love the car so far. The inside quality sucks compared to toyota or honda but performance and outside looks wise it's great, just having these electrical problems that aren't my strong suit at all.;oops:

#2 ·
No body has any tips? I tried looping amp 1 and I think it was already. I actually think it's a combination of my cd player and amp? Also did they make an indash cd changer with the 13 speaker system because the thing is a monster when I removed it.. Anyway all my fuses look fine..
I haven't had a chance to pull the door yet but doe's anyone have any insights on this. I've been reading and searching and all I can find are mile long threads with nothing actually being said.

#8 ·
I'll try unplugging and replugging the door tonight. I'm assuming it's a simple connector. I can't tell if my radio is broken because of amp 1 or if it's the cd player as well. I tried using my army account to access chiltons and other manuals for this car but they conveniently leave the infotainment system out.

#9 ·
Easier to try simple first by unplugging the negative terminal from the battery. This will also reset the engine computer making the car feel really fast and peppy for like a hundred miles or so until it locks in the new settings. Like a cheap tune. Lol. Does the same as pulling the door conection, except it might be better not to loosen the seal on the door connector to keep moisture out if it's never been unplugged it's still factory sealed. And the door connector won't reset the infotainment system.

#11 ·
I already tried pulling the negative terminal. What is confusing me is that the window doesn't make a sound like if it was a bad regulator. Just doesn't do a thing. It's been pretty peppy since I got it.. the car runs great and having 6 speeds is def an upgrade over any 5 speed i've ever driven but not having a radio and window will just drive me ****ing nuts, haha. Mechanically the car is strong I find myself doing 95 100mph without noticing it going down the highway.. need to get that speed warning working.

#12 ·
Im leaning towards amp 1 as well but b oth goldwing saab and saabradio want 350+ for it.. its not even a good amp lol I'm very tempted to rewire all the speakers and add in a new head unit and amps with fabbing a holder for the head unit and just leaving the cd player in the car to fill the space.. But if I did this I would have to loop the entire network right? Idk this pisses me off trully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.