SaabCentral Forums banner

New Saab 9-7x

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  timmehhhhhh 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have had my 9-7x for a month now and enjoying it so far. This is my first Saab and looking at a 07 9-3 aero now to replace my 03 BMW. One complaint my wife has over and over again is that there is no light in the glove box. Has anybody installed there own or have any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!

#3 ·
Is it just not on?

If it's present, it should be on the left side of the glove box near the front. I thought mine was deleted too, turned out it was a faulty toggle which didn't cause the bulb to light up when the box was open. I'm hoping that's the case and it's not more decontenting.

#4 ·
Avery said:
Have had my 9-7x for a month now and enjoying it so far. This is my first Saab and looking at a 07 9-3 aero now to replace my 03 BMW. One complaint my wife has over and over again is that there is no light in the glove box. Has anybody installed there own or have any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!
It should be there... don't recall it not being there.

And if not.. you can remind her it has a cooler in there to keep your drinks cool. :)

#6 ·
Same glove-box but different question.

I am sure many have had it jam shut because an envelope or something blocked one of the two plastic locks. Well this time when I forced it open I broke the right hand catch and a sort of spring/counter balance. So now it will only"lock" on the left side and is heavy.. Anyone gone this route and can we fix it?

#7 ·
DavidMorgan said:
Same glove-box but different question.

I am sure many have had it jam shut because an envelope or something blocked one of the two plastic locks. Well this time when I forced it open I broke the right hand catch and a sort of spring/counter balance. So now it will only"lock" on the left side and is heavy.. Anyone gone this route and can we fix it?
Yep, that happened to me too. The part to repair it isn't that expensive iirc, although I think it is a bit of effort.

Remove the glovebox and you should see the strip that needs replacing. I think it's held in by two or three torx screws.

#10 · (Edited)
If you check my title I have a 9-7x for some reason my thread was moved to the 9-3 forum. There is no light located in the glove box that I can find and thus I was asking fellow 9-7x owners if they have the same problem or not and if so if they had a DIY to fix the issue. I like the Saab so much that I am thinking about a 9-3 replacement but have no concerns at this time with it. Thanks.

#11 ·
Avery said:

Thanks in advanced!
Wait a second, before we continue on here...are you talking about the 9-7x or the 9-3ss? Your email is a bit unclear...since you have as yet to purchase the 93ss. Either she noticed the lack of a light in the glovebox during a 93ss test drive or she based it on what she knows of the 9-7x (which doesn't necessarily follow the typical Saab design paradigms, as its actually the GM360 truck/SUV platform).

anthony

#12 ·
Avery said:
If you check my title I have a 9-7x for some reason my thread was moved to the 9-3 forum. There is no light located in the glove box that I can find and thus I was asking fellow 9-7x owners if they have the same problem or not and if so if they had a DIY to fix the issue. I like the Saab so much that I am thinking about a 9-3 replacement but have no concerns at this time with it. Thanks.

Ahaaaa! Just as I suspected. ;-)

anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.