SaabCentral Forums banner

XM ProFit bezel now available to the public from ProFit!!!!

5K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  wmk1975 
#1 ·
Just got off the phone with Kari from ProFit (http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/)http://www.profit. They are now selling the XM Commander ProFit mounting Bezels for 9-3 and 9-5's direct to the public. I just ordered one for $38.95 plus shipping.

Previously the bezel was only available from Saab dealers in the US for something like $299 with the XM unit. The bezel was not available in Canada and most other countries. You can get an XM Commander unit on Ebay for often less than $100.

#27 ·
MrRun2Fast said:
Where did you put the XM antenna? I'm curious of how you guided the wire to the roof or trunk.
The atena came with th commander kit. No holes, it is run under the weather strip into the trunk then under the rear seat to the side wear it is run under the plastic door sills to the front of the car meeting the xm controller unit near the driver side footrest

#28 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, and new to the Saab community (picking up a CPO 2005 9-3 convertible tomorrow morning!)

I've been driving an Acura TL for the last 2 years with factory XM and don't want to lose the service. Has anyone installed one the XM Commander in a convertible, and if so where/how did you mount the antenna?

Many thanks.

#29 ·
MYT4cyl,

Thanks a bunch for the info. My bezel came yesterday. Hope to get it installed this week and upgrade some speakers.

#31 ·
Sirius Satellite... That is what I have. I want to know this: does the factory stereo have a normal antenna input like on most normal car stereos? Can I pull the factory stereo out of the dash and plug my sirius antenna adaptor in to it so that I dont have to use that damn FM modulator POS? I have been a sirius customer for about 2 years, I gave my old radio away with my old car and when I tried to cancel Sirius sent me a new stratus radio with the fm adaptor. Somebody please... Commercial FM radio ain't Sh#t!!! I can only listen to CD's so long before I get sick of them.

#32 ·
If you are using the antenna input, you are using an FM modulator. Its a wired FM modulator. Don't do it.

There is NOT a standard antenna connector on the back of the radio. The antenna (in the rear window) plugs into an amplifier (black box behind the right side C pillar cover). A standard wire runs to the radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.