SaabCentral Forums banner

Windshield washer nozzle mod?

4K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  saabchilten 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to replace the windshield washer jets (three nozzles making six straight fluid jets) with something producing more of a dispersed spray? (like in new hondas, lexus, etc.) I always enjoyed that complete coverage of the windshield rather than only having six spots where the fluid is delivered and then spreading it around with wipers. Any ideas/comments about that?

#27 ·
Yes Stipud,on previous cars I had to detach the line few times for "total"cleaning.When I'm too lazy for that trying with syringe and needle and spraying alcohol retrograde through the nozzle.
Now i bought "HotShot"-steam&hot water system and if i find place somewhere under my overcrowded bonnet I'll fit it.In the description it's said that helps for de-clogging also.

#28 ·
You can't beat an air line for unblocking washer jets :cheesy:

Not having access to an air line :roll: I'll have to think of something else. At any speed above 70MPH the washer jets do a good job of spraying the bonnet :roll:

Maybe I'll hook up the steam cleaner and give 'em a zap with that.

Is it difficult to access the pump on the washer bottle?

#29 ·
The pump and fluid sensor are easy to access. They are friction mounted to the reservoir. You can see them if you look underneath. There's also a separate pump for the headlight washers on the back, which you have to take off the fender to get to.

Unfortunately one of my headlight wipers decided to go limp, and the cost of a new motor is outrageous, so I removed them. I still have to disconnect my headlight pump... but in the meantime I directed the hoses towards the intercooler for a hilariously ghetto SUPERCOOLING EFFECT :lol:

#30 ·
I have the same headlight wiper problem,so I'll swap to 05 bumper or will fit kind of nozzles on the bumper to wash the headlights-may be spray type.
If i ever see the picture of them of course.;)

#31 ·
HotShot

Just installed this water heater-it works,the water is really hot,hope that will not crack my windscreen.Easy to fit.

The power of stream looks almost same as before,will check at speed,but really cleans better and wastes more liquid of course.:lol:

#32 ·
What a huge cable - how much power does it need :eek:

#34 ·
DoctorPhill said:
A lot-the fuse is 60A.......
You could make coffee with that amount of heat :p

#35 ·
I already guess so-just must open the bonnet and there will be 3 nozzles to make 3 cups of instant coffee at once!:cheesy:
May be should rename the car "Ness-quick"?

#36 ·
DoctorPhill said:
I already guess so-just must open the bonnet and there will be 3 nozzles to make 3 cups of instant coffee at once!:cheesy:
May be should rename the car "Ness-quick"?
Love it :p

#38 ·
gah! get back to the misting sprayers!:lol: i want to see the success of this so maybe i can try something that doesn't get me wet when i have the top down and then rush it over the the 9-3/ng900 crowd!:cheesy:

-runs and hides for cover-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.