SaabCentral Forums banner

2000 Saab 9-3 replacement stereo?

55K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  roadierfl 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced the factory stereo on a 9-3 and have a head unit they can recommend? Did you get a dual-din stereo or single with kit? Good or bad experiences would be helpful... thanks.

#2 ·
It is easy :D Here are some photos of the new unit in my Vig.
You will need the fill pocket from Saab, Aftermarket wiring harness, antenna adaptor some time to make it look right... The latter I have skipped. :roll:

With iPod adaptor. :cheesy:

Steering wheel control can be pac SwiX via infrared or this alpine has input to connect to factory via wires.

#3 ·
Had a Kenwood Unit in for 2 years. Installation is very easy.

Changed now to a new Clarion one due to the lack of steering remote harness for the Kenwood.

When you want to keep using the steering remote, get yourself a Clarion, Alpine or Blaupunkt Unit.

If your 9-3 is equipped with the AS3 doorspeakers, you need to get a wire harness for the adaption of the preamp output.

Attachments

#5 ·
Ravenous666 said:
Had a Kenwood Unit in for 2 years. Installation is very easy.

Changed now to a new Clarion one due to the lack of steering remote harness for the Kenwood.

When you want to keep using the steering remote, get yourself a Clarion, Alpine or Blaupunkt Unit.

If your 9-3 is equipped with the AS3 doorspeakers, you need to get a wire harness for the adaption of the preamp output.
Sorry but which particular HU model supports the steering remote in our SAAB?

#6 · (Edited)
I can not list all suported models here, but all newer (past 2 years) headunits from Blaupunkt, Clarion or Alpine, which have the support for OEM Steering remote should work.

You need to get an adaptor which are:

Blaupunkt: 7607587511 & 7607621157 (Wire harness)

Clarion :CLARION RCE-110W

Alpine : ALPINE KCE-867B

I have just installed myself a Clarion DXZ748RMP, which matches the interior and the display colour very good. I am only waiting to get the steering remote adaptor from my dealer.

I will post some pics, as soon, as it is here.

#8 ·
Just zo add my thoughts....

I played a little bit with both the Alpine and the Clarion Headunits.

The Display of the one that Nicks got is awsome. Also the amount of features is very good. Soundwise they are both close up each other.

Couldn't get used to the Glidetouch thing. So a chose a Clarion headunit, cause it matches the original display perfectly. Another reason was that the 748 was the last year model, so i got it for 50% off.

#9 ·
Ravenous666 said:
Just zo add my thoughts....

I played a little bit with both the Alpine and the Clarion Headunits.

The Display of the one that Nicks got is awsome. Also the amount of features is very good. Soundwise they are both close up each other.

Couldn't get used to the Glidetouch thing. So a chose a Clarion headunit, cause it matches the original display perfectly. Another reason was that the 748 was the last year model, so i got it for 50% off.
I've just checked with my local dealer here,they said they have yet to bring in the Alpine adapter,possibly by end of this year. Couldn't wait man :(

Any website that i could order it from? Thanks :)

#10 ·
The glide touch on the alpine is a bit tricky at first but certainly cool. Might be easier for little fingers. I will be using a Peripheral "PESWIALP" steering wheel control interface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.