SaabCentral Forums banner

Aero Body Kit Question

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  vagrantradio 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Aero kit from the dealer, the sill covers and front lip. It's going on a 99 9-5 SE after I get it sprayed.

This question is for those who have added the Aero body package, does it bolt right up, or do I need to modify anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

#13 ·
Well I suppose that all depends on how far youve taken the Aero clone thing matey. Was the first 9-5 Aero not introduced until MY00?
Mines a 1998 shell, with everything else taken out of a MY00 Aero, but its running at 10 BHP above a standard Aero...For now.;)
Suspension has been upgraded (today) so Ive just the rear brakes to sort & Im done.

#15 ·
Nice 9-5´s on here!
Did you think about getting a 2002-05 body kit?
Some people on here have done it (fatship). You don´t need to change the taillights just the bumpers and both headlights.
I also really like the 04-05 aero bumpers. My 2002 will also get a 2006+ rear bumper if possible.

#16 ·
I ended up getting the 99-02 sideskirts and front lip and painting the lower valence on the rear bumper. I didn't want to go to the expense or extent of changing headlights, bumpers and so on.

The kit really makes a big difference on the car and I'm happy with it for now. It's on and I'll post some pictures in a few once my wheels show up.

#17 ·
vradio,

Do you have a really good paint shop near Grand Rapids that does close to factory quality paint jobs on the parts you got ?

Do they do the flexible clear coating on bumpers/spoilers that resists chipping ?

The reason I ask is because I'm south of you in Northern Indiana and investigating
paint shops. Bought the Granite counters for my house from a shop I visited in Grand Rapids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.