SaabCentral Forums banner

Time for a change?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AeroMike 
#1 ·
Looking for advice if that is the correct term! My 9-5 is 10 years old, had lead me a life of misery in my early ownership days with frequent tows and breakdowns. I have owned the car since 2005. The last 3 years or so I have had the typical SAAB ride wonderful and know the joy of SAAB ownership, (anyone see the test drive on Top Gear will remember Jeremy's comments about the knowing all grin!). I have had the sunroof replaced, rims replaced and 2 tires due to a city pothole, brakes and such, but I am now looking at a re-built transmission, brakes all round, wiring issues in the rear again (fixed the broken tail lights through this forum YEAH!). No trunk light and frequent brake light tail light warnings that indicate a wire loose that has evaded me. Tires (Michelin) are very very close to needing replacement too.
I had my mechanic service the tranny about 2 months ago, but sitting in traffic last night, it started to do its bumpy gear change thing again. I know the brakes are going to hit close to $2000.00 when it goes into the garage tomorrow.
So is it time to dump my car? given that it looks like the work required to be done is going to far exceed the value of the car. Given its history I am not that tempted to stay with a SAAB, but that is open to debate, hence this post, I was looking for @ 2007/8 Aero; my other choice is a 2007 4.2l S type Jaguar.../:cheesy:
I am really looking forward to my peers on this forum's input Where I go from here will certainly depend on it.

See less See more
#5 ·
problem is ( if you are like me ) once that boredom creeps in with your current car, you are very likely to change...especially if you have a car you like the look of..

No matter what my Wife said to me about how good the past car had been, no matter how reliable the last car was, I had a change in mind..and that's a powerful force indeed to live with lol.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.