SaabCentral Forums banner

Project viggen: aka..white viggen clone

11K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  BobSaabit 
#1 · (Edited)
Project Griffin : aka..white viggen clone

Started this project a month or so ago. The car is a 2000 9-3se w/ 64k on the clock I picked up in RI. So far i've put in a 3' V2 dp from GS, upgraded rear sway bar, saab sport exhaust, stage 2 tune, front strut brace, 17 bbs rims, painted the calipers, added some old saab emblems, roof mount antenna, euro spec corner turn signals, a vanity plate/euro plate, and polished di and other bits. The interior has a cf dash kit, autometer boost gauge, audiotroll mp3 hook up and cf door pulls. I have a black pearl grille but i'm not sure if I'll put it on until I get the entire thing taken car of.

Took me a little bit to get these as well as all the small it things like fender extenstions, mudflaps, ect.. I sent the front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler, roof top spoiler, and 4 door rocker panel side skirts out from paint early last week

#39 ·
Your car is proper! Kudos for going unconventional (e.g.: the color white). Thus far, does the performance of your car match that of the factory Viggen? And does anybody know whether or not Viggen body parts are still available to purchase new?
I don't think you can buy Viggen body parts new anymore except for the little jack covers, etc. You could try. I believe that you'd be paying around $1000/bumper and $700/rocker before you get to all the mounting hardware. Rear spoiler was like $2K complete.

It's probably cheaper at this point to sell your car and buy a Viggen. There was a guy in the classifieds selling an NG900 with Viggen bumpers - that would be a good candidate for a swap and resale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.