changing the cd player in 06 9.3 conv - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 2nd September 2012

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9.3 convertible...was a gift !!
Question changing the cd player in 06 9.3 conv

help!!! is there a video that anyone knows of on how to remove the single cd player (gdaughter broke it) in my 06 9.3 conv and then put in a factory/used 5cd player? i would rather do this myself, but if its tooo hard, i guess i pay the $150. ugh…
thanks!! catherine who loves her 'Olga" (my saab's name) in Va Beach, VA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2nd September 2012

Join Date: Apr 2012                                                
My Saabs: '93 Aero 2.8l and '00 93 2l t
Default CD player

You may have a problem with this,I have a '06 93 Aero with a screwed up CD player,the problem going aftermarket is that the wiring is Fiber Optic which becomes an issue.You can not even put a Saab second hand player in as they have to be matched. If you have any luck please let me know and how much it cost.
Cheers.
Old 2nd September 2012

My Saabs: 2006 9.3 convertible...was a gift !!
Default fingers crossed

i bought this one out of a wrecked one just like mine. so im hoping there wont be too many problems with it. ive had the local best buy do things for me on other cars with 100% satisfaction. if they cant, then i guess i hoof it to the saab guru that does most everything else for me. its not nears as convient but ,.,,, i will let you know. now im thinking speakers as well as ive never thought mine were very good. also am having the cracking button problem with the controls. have found it doesnt get as hot during the day inside if i crack the top a bit and leave the windows open just a crack as well. otherwise it gets tooo hot
catherine in va beach, va
Old 2nd September 2012
Saab Lunatic

My Saabs: 2004 9-3 Arc Vert, 2008 9-3 SS 2.0T

Physically this is easy to do. Just requires pulling the Climate Control Module and the the CD unit which has the Main part of the head unit attached as well.

This video is for installing the AUX in for cars that did not come with it and shows how to get the items you need out of the dash. The connector on the head unit is a little strange so be careful.

I would recommend getting a kit like this one to help avoid damaging anything.

You do need to be careful to avoid damaging the fiber optic cables!!
Old 3rd September 2012

Join Date: Apr 2012                                                
My Saabs: '93 Aero 2.8l and '00 93 2l t

Let me know how things work out at best buy,good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement